CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mathprofrockstar

16th December 2020, 17:59
Thanks, buddy!
31 of 41  -   Report This Post

keisterbutton

16th December 2020, 22:50
If one place name has two letters I've finished it.

Now to find an American to print my solution and mail it to Harper's, as the border is closed.
32 of 41  -   Report This Post

sunray

17th December 2020, 02:17
KB, I am in USA. I would not mind printing it and sending it in.

But your solution may be incorrect at this point.

It is soon going to be time for me to renew the subscription. I pass the puzzle each month to syzygy who does his magic and puts it up on this forum.

I am assuming that there is interest in solving these puzzles. I am happy to renew as long as you are all enjoying Harpers puzzles.
33 of 41  -   Report This Post

kt17

17th December 2020, 09:30
Sunray, over here in the UK I look forward to these puzzles, I always do they, or try to! It is very kind of you - thank you.
34 of 41  -   Report This Post

drxx

17th December 2020, 15:43
Sorry, sunray - I didn't know you made the puzzles available to us via syzygy. Belated thanks for that.
This week's puzzle is the only one I've tackled and I like the grid - it has lots of nicely arranged thematic detail (I think) so I'll certainly try a few others if given the chance. I'm quite interested in Americanisms!
35 of 41  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

17th December 2020, 15:57
drxx: Have you tried the Wall Street Journal puzzles that syzygy posts? The last one was nifty.
36 of 41  -   Report This Post

sunray

17th December 2020, 16:15
drxx: Thanks.

You could try previous months' puzzles while waiting for February puzzle.
Harpers publishes its magazine 10 to 15 days before the start of the month.
So the one you just did was January puzzle.
Look for February puzzle around January 20.

The only reason I asked the question was because they have raised the subscription price. Happy to pay as long as there is interest.
37 of 41  -   Report This Post

brendan

17th December 2020, 16:20
Thank you very much Sunray, it's much appreciated.

Drxx,

You should try the most recent WSJ puzzle, it truly is outstanding.
38 of 41  -   Report This Post

keisterbutton

17th December 2020, 17:35
When I lived in the US I would go to the library and scan Harper's Magazine's crossword page. I moved away in August 2019. I am grateful for these cryptic crosswords and do at least ten a year.
39 of 41  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

17th December 2020, 18:02
I've subscribed to Harper's for more than 30 years, and I just renewed for two more. The puzzle is the first thing I do, but then I do read the rest of the magazine. Not every item is to my taste usually, but quite a few are. If sunday doesn't want to subscribe any longer, I could post the puzzles. If you are in the US or Canada though, you should subscribe; it's a great magazine.
40 of 41  -   Report This Post