CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mathi

14th November 2020, 20:05
13a: three letters for do ok (as in golf), followed by four letters for links/connections.
19d: J+two letter abbreviation for court, inside five letters for joining. Definition is meeting place.
24a: six letters for illegal scheme, inside three letters for plot. Definition is grouped together.
31 of 38  -   Report This Post

roof

14th November 2020, 20:42
Thanks Chris

I may have got it beginning with J. 19ac remains a mystery, but I think I've got it.
32 of 38  -   Report This Post

roof

15th November 2020, 00:17
I've given up now with three to get. I didn't enjoy this crossword one bit. I don't think I get on with this setter.
33 of 38  -   Report This Post

abicoop

15th November 2020, 08:08
Thanks for your concern Roof! I was sooooo bored. My kids hate the rain so just wanted to stay in and build Lego. Every time I was about to go for a walk it absolutely threw it down. So made the Christmas cake and was finally able to get outside about 4:30pm, which abated the cabin fever. Let me know if you feel like finishing it off and want clues for your final 3.
34 of 38  -   Report This Post

jono

15th November 2020, 08:14
Hi AbiCoop, there’s always the Listener on a Saturday if you polish off the Guardian nice and early. I only started doing it recently but it’s good fun. Yesterday’s was a ‘relatively’ simple solve with some shenanigans to finish, but a super helpful thread here
35 of 38  -   Report This Post

abicoop

15th November 2020, 09:24
Can you access that without a subscription?
36 of 38  -   Report This Post

jono

15th November 2020, 09:42
No, but if you go to the beginning of the Listener thread you’ll see another forum member has been posting a link to the pdf as not everyone can get hold of the paper. So you can try it out and get a subscription later if you decide you’d like to
37 of 38  -   Report This Post

abicoop

15th November 2020, 13:27
Thanks Jono, found it. Wow that looks tough, I don't even know where to begin!
38 of 38  -   Report This Post