CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

7th November 2020, 07:53
I'm assuming the missing 10 letter solution must be the unspecified S.

This looks hard!
1 of 56  -   Report This Post

jono

7th November 2020, 08:00
Hi Chris, yes I’m assuming that too. I can only assume it’s a misprint not including it. There is only one place in the grid where 2 6s start with the same letter and similarly 2 4s. So that’s a start. I have about half the answers at present...
2 of 56  -   Report This Post

gaperon

7th November 2020, 08:03
Yes, S was one of the first I cracked and I hadn't even noticed the lack of letters in clue. Think I am going to enjoy this!
3 of 56  -   Report This Post

lucygordon

7th November 2020, 09:28
Any hints on how to attempt this appreciated!
4 of 56  -   Report This Post

lucubrator

7th November 2020, 09:31
It’s a beast! I’ve got plenty of solutions but I can’t find any hint of how to put them into the grid. The Q or Z are usually helpful on these jigsaws, but not this time!
5 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th November 2020, 09:41
The Q and Z were the first 2 I entered , in fact. They established the orientation. However I've not got enough clues solved to link them all the way to the SE.

Too many "it might be that" without full parsing to enter much confidently.
6 of 56  -   Report This Post

jono

7th November 2020, 09:41
I found the best way in was with the 4 fours which fit as two pairs and the two J words which have to go in a certain location. After that a bit of trial and error required
7 of 56  -   Report This Post

david w

7th November 2020, 12:41
Hello chrise!

I've got Q and Z but I can't see which way round they go. What am I missing?
8 of 56  -   Report This Post

judygs

7th November 2020, 12:45
I finally completed this in a creaky way. Alert: I originally made wrong assumptions about the positioning of the J and Y words from the order of their clues.
9 of 56  -   Report This Post

jafo

7th November 2020, 13:00
Yes it is pretty tough. Chrise is correct the only way to start off correctly is with the Q and Z, but if you get that wrong then all you have at the end is the same answers orientated the wrong way.

I found some of the answers too hard to solve without some crossers so it ended up trying to fit what I could then solving the remaining 5 or 6 outstanding. They all parse well though.
10 of 56  -   Report This Post