CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

zozozo

7th November 2020, 14:19
For the e solution, the last 4 letters are something to set jam minus the last two letters
21 of 56  -   Report This Post

mathi

7th November 2020, 14:26
N: short turn around of the capital of Albania.
22 of 56  -   Report This Post

gweilo

7th November 2020, 14:34
@mathi and then the extra a is just from the a in the clue? Then what's "in" doing in the wordplay?
23 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th November 2020, 14:35
it looks rather like a ghost anagram to me.
24 of 56  -   Report This Post

mathi

7th November 2020, 14:39
Look up the capital of Albania. It has the exact (rotated) six letters as the airport.
25 of 56  -   Report This Post

gweilo

7th November 2020, 14:48
@mathi I agree with you there. My struggle has been how to get them in order. If I reverse the whole string, I still have to move the front to the back. Is that what the "short turn" is supposed to do? Because I don't think I've come across that before.

And if I take "short" as "delete the last" I can add it back again using the word "a" from the clue. But then I don't know what the "in" is doing.
26 of 56  -   Report This Post

abicoop

7th November 2020, 14:51
For N it says "short turnaround in a capital city" so I figured you reverse (turnaround) a + capital city - last letter (short)
27 of 56  -   Report This Post

prospero

7th November 2020, 14:53
I read it as A + short version of the capital, all reversed. The airport is Tokyo's.
28 of 56  -   Report This Post

abicoop

7th November 2020, 15:13
I usually love these alphabetical jigsaws but struggling to make headway with this one. Solved about 10 clues, but not enough to break into the grid. Not even sure where to begin asking for hints and I don't know which ones would help me progress! So the ones I have are E, G, I, N, O, P, Q, U, Y(a) and Z. Any tips as to which I would focus on next? Are there any anagrams as not found any yet (except possibly N depending on how you view the parsing)?
29 of 56  -   Report This Post

abicoop

7th November 2020, 15:17
Just got B and that's an anagram
30 of 56  -   Report This Post