CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

18th September 2020, 23:13
@KT17; Matthew - looks like I didn't fully get your clue (no9) at the time - it really is excellent!
61 of 74  -   Report This Post

jafo

18th September 2020, 23:24
Paul well done, Seems you are starting your peer review quite early? you still have to the weekend one and cl to get through?
62 of 74  -   Report This Post

paul

18th September 2020, 23:33
Thanks Jafo! Have neutralized (hopefully) and reposted.
63 of 74  -   Report This Post

jafo

18th September 2020, 23:42
I am sure the other one will disappear soon enough, unless someone keeps bumping it up,

@Mattrom it was was an %lit anagram actually, but I know it doesn't look like that. But I finished in my favourite place of second with having some recognition but not actually having to do any work after!
64 of 74  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

19th September 2020, 00:15
Well done, Paul, on your worthy win, and thanks for the mention. (Also, kind of you to ask after Skye and me. We're both fine. Lots of nonsense going on over the last few months with family illness, bereavement, cancelled wedding - my daughter's, not mine - but I realise that I'm by no means the only person to have had those kinds of problems).

Thanks to Spike for the challenge and the kind words.

A big thank you to Tyke for giving me the very first vote of the day which, of course, ended up being my only one! Thanks also to FW, Chris, Marty and Granama for the mentions.

Jafo, in case you haven't realised, Skye is my dog (5 year old Golden Retriever) hence the moniker. Glad you like it.
65 of 74  -   Report This Post

kt17

19th September 2020, 00:59
Chapeaux Paul, nice topical clue!

And thank you Spike for hosting.

Thank you BBM for your mention and Paul for your retrospective applause and to Jono and Granama - who I have long felt are consummate arbiters of elegance - for your votes!

Have a good weekend all!
66 of 74  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

19th September 2020, 04:32
Still on a roll, paul! And thanks for the mention. And bad boy spike was good.
67 of 74  -   Report This Post

paulhabershon

19th September 2020, 07:21
Well done, Paul, and thanks for the mention. I suppose for a true Grand Slam you'll have to win three in the same week.

Thanks also for the like from Buddy and my single vote from jafo.

Cheers and good health, spike.

68 of 74  -   Report This Post

chrise

19th September 2020, 07:33
Congrats paul. Hard luck jafo. Thanks spike2.
69 of 74  -   Report This Post

granama1

19th September 2020, 08:12
Congrats Paul and commiserations Jafo. Glad I raised a smile Skyewalker (it now seems de rigeur for TV and radio people to shpeak like Sean in recent times. Something to do with supressing sibilance, but it seems more of an annoying affectation with them.

Thanks for hosting Spike and hope you're bearing up.
70 of 74  -   Report This Post