CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

18th September 2020, 20:45
Like; Paul 4, Jon 5
SW 7 (how are you stranger and how’s Skye?), Fj13,
and Aristo 23
Turkey voting for Xmas perhaps? Jafo 22
51 of 74  -   Report This Post

buddy

18th September 2020, 21:40
Due to sloth and indolence on my part it seems I can send this to overtime. My shortlist was paulh 4, mathprof 21 and paul 30, and, since who doesn't like overtime, I will go with paul 30,. Perhaps spike can send it to penalty kicks.
52 of 74  -   Report This Post

spike2

18th September 2020, 22:39
Sorry for the delay, having all sorts of problems due to medication.

Thanks to all for participating.

1 vote for PaulH #4, Skyewalker #7, Buddy #14 and Tyke51 #17.
2 votes for Jono #5 and KT17 #9.

4 votes for Jafo #22 and Paul #30. To break the tie, I have gone by mentions.
So, the winner this week is Paul #30 for..
Reduce staff recruitment during slump (6)

Well done, Paul and commiserations to Jafo, a great clue also.

I'm afraid to say that the prize will have to be awarded tomorrow. Apologies, Paul.
53 of 74  -   Report This Post

jafo

18th September 2020, 22:51
Hi spike, I am sure I speak for everyone when I say I hope you keep well and healthy. Great job in hosting.

Congrats to Paul and thanks to those that voted for me, without checking I think it was fj ,the two pauls. chrise and skyewalker, who I have never ran into before but fab moniker. I can see from the comments you are an old hand.

Stay strong spike.
54 of 74  -   Report This Post

jono

18th September 2020, 22:52
Congrats Paul and thank you Spike for an interesting challenge.
‘Suburbs’ (jafo) and ‘salad’ (kt) were nice, they’ve made it in to my notebook ;-)
Cheers to Tyke, Faiton, PaulH, jws, Prof, Spike, Paul for mentions/votes etc.
55 of 74  -   Report This Post

rossim

18th September 2020, 22:53
Well done Paul. I'm pleased to have picked the winner (even if I didn't do at all well myself this week!)
Bad luck Jafo. Your clue was great, although it took me a bit longer to parse.
Thanks for hosting Spike. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.
56 of 74  -   Report This Post

paul

18th September 2020, 22:57
Thanks everyone for the votes and likes and to Spike for the word and the officiation.
I feel honoured to perhaps be the first person to be charged with setting three competitions in a single week - will be busy!
57 of 74  -   Report This Post

tyke51

18th September 2020, 23:01
Well done Paul - bad luck Jafo! Thanks Spike for hosting a good competition - look after yourself ... thanks to KT17 for your vote and Faiton for a mention - very much appreciated!
58 of 74  -   Report This Post

mattrom

18th September 2020, 23:05
Well done on taking out the trifecta, Paul! You'll be suffering from clue setting deprivation next week.
Commiserations to Jafo. I liked your clue, but thought it needed another containment indicator to put the 'hr in' in 'sk'?
I appreciated the mentions from Chrise, Paulh and Granama.
Thanks for hosting, Spike. I hope you keep well.
59 of 74  -   Report This Post

paul

18th September 2020, 23:07
@Jafo - on reading your post I thought that i had accepted the triple crown erroneously but turns out we both got 5 votes! Thought yours was excellent though.
60 of 74  -   Report This Post