CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bobbibunny

2nd December 2019, 15:53
Please would someone email me this week's EV as my subscription is causing problems. Thanks very much,
1 of 23  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd December 2019, 16:01
Done!
2 of 23  -   Report This Post

jigjag

2nd December 2019, 17:33
malone

Do you mean you have completed it or sent it? I am about halfway
3 of 23  -   Report This Post

bobbibunny

2nd December 2019, 17:38
Thank you malone!
4 of 23  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd December 2019, 18:09
Jigjag, my 'Done' was to confirm that I'd sent a copy.

PS I had this one finished by lunchtime yesterday, and was quite disappointed - I was enjoying it so much, I'd happily have spent more time on it!

I saw the Apostrophe's (!) post on PU... I'll drop by there later.

Bobbibunny, glad I could help. You could maybe drop Norah, administrator, a line asking for your post to be removed - unless that's a throwaway email address?
5 of 23  -   Report This Post

manic mary

2nd December 2019, 18:50
Being stupid.....what is PU? I am not finding this simple, I am plodding nicely.
6 of 23  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd December 2019, 18:53
ManicMary, sorry about the PU abbreviation - I was rushing. It's referring to Pedants United, a lighthearted group on the forum. Jigjag and I are regular contributors. There's a PU thread nearby...

Glad you're plodding along with this week's EV. Much of it wasn't simple at all, but I felt it was worth the effort.
7 of 23  -   Report This Post

jigjag

2nd December 2019, 22:37
Malone

I always enjoy Gaston EVs but this is a tough one for me. Could you give me a hint please? I have got the 13-letter ones - Th............. going across and Mo.................... going down. Is that right?

I am struggling with "Huge fish with no horns abandoning America" (4)

and

"Drive on in reserve somewhere in France" (6)

Any hint would be appreciated.
8 of 23  -   Report This Post

ginge

2nd December 2019, 23:20
Hi jigjag, in case malone doesn't look back in until much later. You have the 2 (13)s placed correctly.
Having no horns is 7 letters ending "ous", definition huge fish.
Definition somewhere in France, 3 letter variant synonym of drive on (as in cattle) also used to attract attention in a 4 letter synonym of reserve.
Hope this helps.
9 of 23  -   Report This Post

malone

3rd December 2019, 07:20
Jigjag, sorry I wasn't around to help - though 'around to attempt to help' would be more accurate! Ginge's hints were far better than anything I would have come up with.

Ginge, thanks. I think it's great if there's someone, anyone, around to help with a stubborn/pesky clue or two!
10 of 23  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1411