CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

roof

3rd August 2019, 23:34
I've guessed at 5d and 10ac and so finished apart from 21ac. But I'm tired so will go gratefully to my bed. Thanks for all the help for what we all (?) agreed was a very tiresome crossword.
31 of 37  -   Report This Post

prospero

3rd August 2019, 23:56
the crosser for 5 and 10 is V. 21 means "with a doll" and the last 3 letters are a "Pauline" version of relief (what gives you relief ...), preceded by "or" in Paris preceded by a circuit.
32 of 37  -   Report This Post

roof

4th August 2019, 12:10
Many thanks Prospero

Not a French phrase I know. I think it is cheeky using the french for or. What on earth was the definition? Work of printer??

Off to make some jam now. Let's hope it sets.

33 of 37  -   Report This Post

ethereal

5th August 2019, 16:42
I'm still grauning on. 15d Like impressionists' work? Mr Goodman retains one in two. ?L?I?-A?? with the A depending on whether I've guessed the author correctly though I can't parse him. Then 25ac, personal message-sender about to lose bottle: N???E ?N?I?G. Also 12ac, Mum's feller securing a feather for this cap. S?A?O. I'm glad there's a forum!
34 of 37  -   Report This Post

malone

5th August 2019, 16:48
Ethereal, 15 D is a French term, relating to art (Impressionists). There's a four-letter word for 'two' with Mr Goodman (from Strictly) and the usual 'one' inside.

25 A The personal message sender relates to the human body.
35 of 37  -   Report This Post

brendan

5th August 2019, 17:45
12a

Mum = 2 letteer sound you make when you want silence (Mum)

A from the clue

Feller = 2 letter acronym when someone is "felled" as in boxing, say.
36 of 37  -   Report This Post

ethereal

5th August 2019, 19:57
Thanks Brendan and Malone. I had the cap but not the parsing. I don't know Strictly so that stumped me. I always hate to leave them unfinished. À la prochaine.
37 of 37  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Grauniad