CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

29th June 2019, 09:53
For those still to solve this, I feel there's a clue missing - there seems to be one more letter needed for the 'instruction'. Apart from that, this was quite good fun!
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

nelson

29th June 2019, 14:31
Hi malone.

Thought I had this done and dusted - but now you've added an extra dimension.

Where do you think a letter is missing?
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzlover42

29th June 2019, 15:54
I too didn't think there was a clue missing - there were three I wasn't sure of the parsing of at first, but I had enough to suss the message, which was news to me.
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzlover42

29th June 2019, 16:01
Malone,

I'm wondering if you had P for the last letter? That would mean an extra letter was needed.
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

malone

29th June 2019, 16:12
Jazzlover and Nelson, thanks. It was my own writing at fault! I read my scribbled (correct) letter as an H, so thought we needed a P before it. It didn't affect my solving, and I noticed it only when I was tidying away the papers.
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzlover42

29th June 2019, 16:30
Thanks for letting us know, Malone. I was a tad surprised, since you are such a great solver and this was one of the easiest Inquisitors I've done.
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

malone

29th June 2019, 16:35
Thanks,jazzlover - I think it was just a random thought that came into my head and I stuck with it! The word I'd been conjuring up wouldn't even have worked. Because of the generous amount of highlighting, I worked backwards for my last couple of answers.

Yes, this was one of the easiest for a while.
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

timbh23

29th June 2019, 20:41
Have solved the grid and I have the first five words and the last one of the instruction. Extra letters from 4d to 14d don’t make any sense to me despite checking and re-checking. Any pointers would be appreciated. Are the four words well hidden?
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

malone

29th June 2019, 20:51
4 -14 is an odd-looking word - for an odd beast. There's one more word after that.
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

malone

29th June 2019, 20:55
PS The four words are not particularly well-hidden - but they're not everyday words!
10 of 16  -   Report This Post