CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

timbh23

30th June 2019, 11:14
Thanks. Checked my answers, corrected two letters and it all fell into place. I had the surname but picked another person who had also sent a telegram!
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

aslac

30th June 2019, 18:10
Just about finished ( and agree was more straightforward than many) and have theme and missing letters but am unsure on 2 clues: incite to commit offence - I have ?bet - is this just abet?
Straw insect home I have beesk?p
Which doesn’t look right!
Thanks. I did like the theme and admired fitting it in the grid.
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

lumen

30th June 2019, 18:28
I can’t parse abet, no idea what the bird is, but as the definition closely matches Chambers, it must be.
Bee skep is a bee hive made of straw. I parse that as bee = second letter plus anagram of keeps leaving a spare E.
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

aslac

30th June 2019, 18:36
Thanks Lumen. I couldn’t find that definition re the bee skep but suspected the anagram re keeps. Agree must be abet. Will go with that!
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

malone

30th June 2019, 18:43

There's Barbet, a tropical bird. Remove the head - Arbet. Incite to commit offence gives Abet, so I made the R spare.
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

lumen

30th June 2019, 19:22
Barbet is new to me. I looked them up and they are pretty spectacular!
Barbet also seems to be a new dog breed, less spectacular. (I'm not a dog person).
16 of 16  -   Report This Post