CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

muraria

16th June 2019, 11:32
Hi luckysalem

I don't have ODQ either and struggled to find the quotation online for a while. I eventually managed by putting it in quotation marks.
21 of 39  -   Report This Post

muraria

16th June 2019, 11:37
Hi chilternman,

My parsing is an anagram (lost)of l(eft) + (t)hey've +l (luminance), with h the extra letter
22 of 39  -   Report This Post

luckysalem

16th June 2019, 11:40
Thanks guys. Finally got it.
23 of 39  -   Report This Post

biggus56

16th June 2019, 16:03
I know that I could have left well alone, but I've just trawled my way through the "hints" again, and I realise that I have no idea what the "appropriate colour" should be. Given that it took me an age to find the quotation online, I really can't be fagged to try to find it again, or any context for it.
24 of 39  -   Report This Post

muraria

16th June 2019, 18:44
Hi biggus,

I stopped entering when it went to just the one prize-winner so not too bothered by this but presume it's red to match the logo?
25 of 39  -   Report This Post

malone

16th June 2019, 18:48
Muraria, not only just one prize-winner, but the prize itself has got smaller and smaller! It used to be Hotel Chocolat goodies, then a decent box of Lindt chocolates... now it's a rather small box (of truffles, I think).

Like you, I assumed it was red for the highlighting, as we had a 'prominent example...'
26 of 39  -   Report This Post

muraria

16th June 2019, 18:58
Yes, that's right Malone, thanks.
It used to be three champagne prizes (I won it three times when it was in the Indy!), then sparkling wine, then decent Hotel Chocolat boxes (won once!) but now one box of truffles as you say.
Prizes are secondary to the challenge, entertainment and knowledge gained from having a go of course but surely they can do better?
27 of 39  -   Report This Post

biggus56

16th June 2019, 19:53
What ho, muraria.
Could be, I guess. I'll make it so, and then stop thinking about it.
Thanks for the pointer.
28 of 39  -   Report This Post

biggus56

16th June 2019, 19:56
Malone - aha, re the colour.
Thanks.
29 of 39  -   Report This Post

lumen

16th June 2019, 20:25
Significance of ‘A little rough justice’?
And what are the four letter, two words found in the grid.
(Otherwise I am complete.)
30 of 39  -   Report This Post