CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

roof

28th April 2019, 12:12
Apologies to all. I couldn't read my own left handed writing and mistook an R for B. I get the cast off tomorrow - hurrah!

I was ready to give up on this crossword as there are at least six I can't fully parse and a couple I'd never heard of. I've finished now and am going to throw it away. I find Paul has got so cryptic that he is getting beyond me. He used to be my favourite setter.
31 of 36  -   Report This Post

rpchambe

28th April 2019, 13:29
I'm having trouble parsing too. No idea at all why the 8 down novel is what I think it must be (apart from the fact that it's a novel!). Similarly, 21/9 across - I've got the first bit 'Skilful I' but not the foggiest where the second half comes from, apart from being a football ground. And I get only half of 13 A. Ah, I've just realised where 'for all to see' fits with May and the wild animal! Anyway, it's all done but I enjoy knowing the why as well as the what.
32 of 36  -   Report This Post

spanielsrule

28th April 2019, 14:09
I've just got three in top RH corner and I just can't get them. If anyone could offer another hint to 4a Cutter in dance is no longer tacking (6) it would probably help me with all three. Thanks!
33 of 36  -   Report This Post

rossim

28th April 2019, 14:32
4a a tool, starts with a dance.
34 of 36  -   Report This Post

rossim

28th April 2019, 14:36
I think tacking means a change of direction for 'no longer'.
35 of 36  -   Report This Post

spanielsrule

28th April 2019, 15:19
Thanks rossim!
36 of 36  -   Report This Post