CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

22nd April 2019, 07:04
Any more dates lined up? Today, definitely! (6,6).
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

brendan

22nd April 2019, 07:07
Love it! You've outdone yourself Malone :-)
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

malone

22nd April 2019, 07:15
Thanks, Brendan. If it doesn't sound too smug, I quite liked that one myself! I loved being able to put 'definitely' in the clue.
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

brendan

22nd April 2019, 07:20
Yes, I think we're on safe ground with today's title although, given my priors, that might be a foolish thing to say!
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

rusty

22nd April 2019, 07:21
Great clue, Malone! Go to the top of the class!
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

malone

22nd April 2019, 07:27
Thanks, Rusty. Glad you liked it. N

Brendan, thanks again. I liked your original comment leading to discussion. Your 'mistake' appears to be very common - from Grunger's comments, Sainsburys, the weather forecasters etc all said 'Easter Saturday' when they were referring to the Saturday before Easter.
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

brendan

22nd April 2019, 13:40
*bump*

Hope nobody minds but Malone really took it to church today (pun intended), a brilliant clue.

7 of 13  -   Report This Post

jigjag

22nd April 2019, 14:52
Malone

Yes I agree with Brendan and Rusty, an absolutely brilliant clue. I loved the "definitely" given the interesting discussion we have had.

I don't know if anyone is watching "Line of Duty" but your correct spelling of "definitely" rules you out as a suspect for "H".

I missed when your series started. Did you have a clue for Maundy Thursday?
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

malone

22nd April 2019, 15:09
Thanks, jigjag. The clue was done very hurriedly this morning - there was one little piece of spam and I wanted that bumped down the page. It seems to have been a successful, timely, non-contentious clue! I don't think I've done date/days clues before.

I have never watched 'Line Of Duty', but I am very well acquainted with the west of Scotland pronunciation (and possibly spelling) of 'definitely'.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

brendan

22nd April 2019, 16:49
I very rarely watch TV but totally binged last night. I watched the latest Game of Thrones episode followed by the film Vanilla Sky, I then tried to watch Incendies but the subtitles didn't come out. I haven't seen Line of Duty but it gets excellent reviews - do you recommend it Jigjag?
10 of 13  -   Report This Post