CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jigjag

25th April 2019, 10:12
Malone

Many thanks for the interesting discussions. You will be pleased to hear that my 4-week "Easter Holiday" is coming to an end. I too am suffering from fatigue. I desperately need a Spring Break and I have found a remote place where they celebrate Easter all year round...........Easter Island! If I can get a ticket, I am off, possibly never to return.
31 of 35  -   Report This Post

malone

25th April 2019, 10:16
Jigjag, no time for a lengthy reply - I'm packing for my move to Christmas Island....
32 of 35  -   Report This Post

jigjag

25th April 2019, 12:00
I love that, malone. I am hoping to be back for Pentecost - but I'm not going into that! Best wishes Jig.
33 of 35  -   Report This Post

grunger

25th April 2019, 13:13
Malone and Jigjag

I have enjoyed reading your ideas. I prefer a one-week holiday but I do like the variable Easters, as you can get good weather at a late one.

I hope you enjoy your trips but please be back by Pentecost. We need your wit before Whit!

34 of 35  -   Report This Post

malone

25th April 2019, 15:27
Jigjag, Easter Island may be the ideal place for you to start your new life. I don't think quinoa and freekeh have reached there yet. There's also no problem, ambiguity with terminology - you can have Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday all year round

Grunger, I'm afraid you'll just have to take your chances with the weather for the new, streamlined Easter holiday.

I am ignorant (not woefully, but actually quite happily) when it comes to some of these religious dates. The Church of Scotland never mentioned Pentecost and Whitsun/Whitsunday/Whitsuntide when I was a child. I had a quick look online and I think it must be quite tiring to keep track of all these 'significant' dates.
35 of 35  -   Report This Post