CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

djawhufc

30th March 2019, 09:25
Don’t let the title put you off!

I thought this was a tough challenge but well worth the effort. Lots to keep track off, some tricky definitions but enough straightforward ones to get you going.

The last few were particularly elusive but I got there in the end.
1 of 41  -   Report This Post

murky

30th March 2019, 12:56
I echo that, especially your last sentence, dj. Took me ages to get the last few entries. A very clever implementation of the theme, but I did feel one or two clues were bordering on the unfair, and some of the extra-word definitions lack the usual archaism indicators or similar.
2 of 41  -   Report This Post

wakeling

30th March 2019, 15:27
I must agree about the definitions. I have a completed grid and have ticked off all the necessary adjustments but I can't match all the resulting grid entries to the most appropriate definition.
3 of 41  -   Report This Post

dylan

30th March 2019, 18:23
Please could I have a hint for 6d?

thanks
4 of 41  -   Report This Post

ginge

30th March 2019, 18:29
Hi Dylan, split Darwin and Northern Territory; the former part of the definition, the latter part of the wordplay
5 of 41  -   Report This Post

terrier

30th March 2019, 21:24
If I can't solve this by the deadline I'm going to ask for a long extension.
6 of 41  -   Report This Post

gitto

31st March 2019, 11:08
Certainly a lot easier once the penny had dropped - up to that point I was really struggling. All fits well together once some of the more tenuous extra definitions are paired up. A very clever and difficult puzzle.
7 of 41  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

31st March 2019, 12:00
Struggling here as well.

Thought that I had a breakthrough at 5 down but no further joy since the other thematic answers I have don't fit what I thought may have been the pattern.

Does 6 down begin "P" and end "T"?
8 of 41  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

31st March 2019, 12:34
Hi bobby Collins

No it starts with a D and ends in T
9 of 41  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

31st March 2019, 13:03
Thanks a lot - that fits with my possibility for an amended 6 across! Unfortunately if that possibility is correct I can't parse 8 down.

Think that I've got the theme but 5 down must be an exception if I am correct?
10 of 41  -   Report This Post