CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

17th February 2019, 19:39
Is it necessary to have 11 different threads on the same crossword?
1 of 24  -   Report This Post

malone

17th February 2019, 19:51
Not really, ChrisE - but I think individual solvers want to give voice to their (seemingly justified) complaints.
2 of 24  -   Report This Post

elle

17th February 2019, 21:01
Hi, Chris!
I agree with you...it is unnecessarily 'messy' to have so many individual threads.
Contributors seem very reluctant to add their posts to an already existing thread.
Maybe they do not realise that the latest post will automatically bring the thread to the top of the page?
3 of 24  -   Report This Post

cerasus

18th February 2019, 08:36
Interesting thread from the past, with forum members' points of view :

https://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/591569/offset/40

4 of 24  -   Report This Post

rossim

18th February 2019, 08:53
I think that yesterday's gripes about the Everyman were an exception.

The Guardian prize used to have multiple threads but that seems to have stopped now.
5 of 24  -   Report This Post

cerasus

18th February 2019, 09:10
It does not bother me as I am fairly laid back and am happy to try and answer queries as they come in. (traffic lights permitting ) I am only on here an hour or less in the morning and sometimes in the evening.
It was good to see the forum so busy, after all the bygone days of spam.
6 of 24  -   Report This Post

georgekirrin

18th February 2019, 10:14
As a newbie I found this very interesting. It wouldn’t have occurred to me that I should add to other posts. Do I understand that all problem clues on one crossword are best added to the one thread? Or is it the conversations only that should be continuous?
(Thanks to all of you who know the answers to these puzzles).
7 of 24  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th February 2019, 10:21
Hi george and welcome
It's much tidier if all the questions and answers referring to a particular puzzle are on the same thread, and it's also easier when you come to look for help - just one thread to look at.
It seems that some people, at first, aren't aware that adding a post to an existing thread also "bumps up" the thread - i.e. moves it to the top of the list.
8 of 24  -   Report This Post

rusty

18th February 2019, 11:31
I do not mind multiple threads and I think the posters find it simpler to post an individual thread rather than join an existing one.
9 of 24  -   Report This Post

rossim

18th February 2019, 12:29
I tried to help someone with 15a.
When I came back to post it I couldn't find it among all the threads.

If you're still there, it was T(B)one and not a very good clue!
10 of 24  -   Report This Post