CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bubber

12th December 2018, 08:18
I too found this hard, with some very oblique, tricky clues. All done now, bar one. For 2d I have ?nup?nt (seventh of flashes above us in camp, thunders not so often). Maybe I've boobed somewhere or maybe I can't see the wood for the trees. Help much appreciated. (Incidentally, I too never discovered where all the vehicles fitted, and haven't the will to look, though I generally hate leaving loose ends.)
31 of 65  -   Report This Post

malone

12th December 2018, 08:31
I think your first N is wrong - I have a T there, and a word that fits the wordplay. As I didn't round up all the vehicles, I don't know if there's one in/missing from this clue.
32 of 65  -   Report This Post

bubber

12th December 2018, 08:44
Ah, thanks Malone I see it now. Silly mistake. Thanks and have a good day
33 of 65  -   Report This Post

malone

12th December 2018, 08:54
You're welcome, Bubber - though I feel I didn't do very much!
34 of 65  -   Report This Post

lumen

12th December 2018, 09:21
I have the top half of the grid filled but struggling lower down.
Can I have a hint for the long one 28a, Sentimentality with nation keeping appointment in shade.(12, 2 words) I must have letters wrong as nothing fits. I'm thinking it a straight clue?
35 of 65  -   Report This Post

malone

12th December 2018, 09:32
Lumen, 28 IS thematic - it becomes Sentimentality with ???nation keeping…. (The vehicle is pretty obvious!)

The sentimentality is 4 letters, the ???nation is 4 letters - and in between those is a 4-letter word for appointment. The finished answer is a shade.
36 of 65  -   Report This Post

lumen

12th December 2018, 09:40
Thanks that should help a lot. I thought 16d was Lissom, (pliant) which gave me an O to start.
37 of 65  -   Report This Post

malone

12th December 2018, 09:45
You're welcome, Lumen. I liked 16 D, you might want to revisit the clue (with the preamble in mind)...
38 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzlover42

12th December 2018, 16:50
Was VERY confused having entered 32 d in 30 d's pace (very groggy start to the week!)

But now have a full grid, apart from two I'd be grateful for help on:

7d Have Colliers or Colliery. Can't parse.
12a Have Mule D_ A _ Is it mule deer? If so is 6d steg?

Also finding parsing some other clues tricky so have only 9 vehicles inserted and am therefore unsure of normal clues.

The ones I've identified so far give me: E N E O N S I G L A D
Am I on the right lines?
39 of 65  -   Report This Post

malone

12th December 2018, 16:56
7 I have Colliery - only because Call could be Cry.

12.Mule Deer - because of the M(aster's) U(tterances), Le(a)d +Eer, always.

I found parsing very tricky for many of the clues.

Your letters, for the normal clues, don't look right. I'll need to check my scrappy notes!
40 of 65  -   Report This Post