CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rossim

7th December 2018, 23:03
Great clue Mattrom. As the first one to vote I'm pleased to have picked the winner.
Thanks for hosting BBM2 and for the clip.
51 of 57  -   Report This Post

mattrom

7th December 2018, 23:06
Many thanks to Rossim, Stevea, Nemo, Chrise, Paul, Dorrien and FJ for your votes - much appreciated.
Thanks also to BBM2 for the word and the clips. I loved the music. (Our cricketers seem to be going through a crisis of confidence lately)

I did like your 'maidens' Tyke, esp. #21 - my thought was similar to Dorrien's, that it was an example, rather than a synonym.

Cheers till next week.
52 of 57  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th December 2018, 23:08
Congrats mattrom and thanks BBM2.

Two quibbles with the (excellent) clips. Firstly, why would the great guitarist need to put a "talent compnesator" on the second fret if she wasn't going to sing; secondly, how could any compilation of great cover drives not include Michael Vaughan? (the best cover driver ever, IMHO!).
53 of 57  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

7th December 2018, 23:55
Congrats mattrom. Thanks BBM, and thanks to chrise for the mention.
54 of 57  -   Report This Post

paul

8th December 2018, 08:48
Nice one Mattrom and thanks for the mention. Thanks also to Tyke for the vote and I’m honoured to be runner up Nemo!
Cheers Marty.
55 of 57  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

8th December 2018, 16:29
Great clue Mattrom, well deserved and a big thank you for the mention
Cheers Marty great version of "Hit.....
Off to see The Men They Couldn't Hang tonight
56 of 57  -   Report This Post

tyke51

8th December 2018, 19:54
Pleased to see I`m not the only Cricket Lover on the Forum - don`t worry Mattrom...Australia will give England a good `test` next summer!
57 of 57  -   Report This Post