CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bigbadmarty2

5th December 2018, 21:29
PEER REVIEW 363

Welcome to our weekly competition to compose a cryptic clue, to be judged by your fellow contestants.

You may enter as many clues as you like and everyone is welcome. Feel free to explain your clue if you think it will help or to ask another poster to explain theirs.

Entrants should vote for their favourite clue - please include the post number and please also refrain from commenting on entries until voting has finished. The entry with the most votes wins and its composer sets next week's competition.

Your clue should be posted by 11am on Friday 7th December when voting opens. Voting closes at 8:00pm. The setter has the deciding vote in the event of a tie and may tweak the rules if necessary. The setter will declare the winner and award an online prize.

This week’s challenge is:

RECOVER (7)

Have fun!

I won't be available to start the voting, so start at the appropriate time. I should be able to get online to declare the winner, but possibly later than usual.
1 of 57  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

5th December 2018, 22:40
Pick up the scraps of threadbare coverage (7)
2 of 57  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

6th December 2018, 00:10
Man is carrying Parisian train set right (7)

... A nod towards this week's Clueless
3 of 57  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

6th December 2018, 00:22
Polish priest has business with Queen? (7)
4 of 57  -   Report This Post

dorrien

6th December 2018, 00:49
Get a fix on an old couch(7)
5 of 57  -   Report This Post

ginge

6th December 2018, 02:49
eBay discretely plugging executive car rally (7)
6 of 57  -   Report This Post

ginge

6th December 2018, 02:50
Oops,
eBay discretely plugging an executive car rally (7)
7 of 57  -   Report This Post

ginge

6th December 2018, 03:16
Hi folks ignore these (the use of discretely instead of discreetly was deliberately in an attempt to mislead on quickly reading) but prior to this thread I haven't had to suffer captcha intervention (merely ticking the box sufficed until now) but I find it very annoying to have to go through this procedure, whilst acknowledging spam was a problem and something from the site's administration was required, but as I only post from my phone the picture quality in which to distinguish objects is poor. While this is in place I won't be posting further, to any threads.
8 of 57  -   Report This Post

mattrom

6th December 2018, 03:56
Pick up an English guy in a posh car (7)
9 of 57  -   Report This Post

paul

6th December 2018, 03:58
Feel better about dress (7)
10 of 57  -   Report This Post