CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

3rd December 2018, 07:57
Ash says he’s sorry that you have been having trouble with too many pictures showing in Captcha, unforunately it is out of his control. However, in a few weeks he will look at the spam levels, if they are still very low then he will consider removing Captcha to see what happens.

If the spam returns to its previous level, then unfortunately Captcha will return.

PS I only had one Captcha picture.
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

malone

3rd December 2018, 08:01
Thanks, Norah. I've been very lucky during the recent changes - no problems with the Captcha and no need to do any counting (hydrants, vans, whatever). I am delighted with the vastly reduced levels of spam!
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

brendan

3rd December 2018, 08:36
It's definitely preferable to the spam Nora, although the post two below this reports a problem loading the captcha.
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

cerasus

3rd December 2018, 08:50
Some browswers do not show the Captcha. Yeaterday I switched to "Safari" browser on my tablet only have a box to tick.
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

rossim

3rd December 2018, 08:53
With Chrome I've only ever needed to tick a box.
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

rusty

3rd December 2018, 09:54
I only tick a box on Chrome.
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

pigale

3rd December 2018, 10:00
Yes, same with me - with Chrome, I have never had to count or identify anything, just a tick in the box (fingers crossed that
it continues!

It must be a real headache for Ash and I think we all hope he wins
the battle against the spammers, but let's hope it does not deter
some contributors from joining/staying with our Forum!
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

elle

3rd December 2018, 10:04
Thank you for your prompt response, Norah!
Not that it helps.....
I am obviously using the "wrong" browser...…
Yesterday's 5 -picture debacle for one posting had me swinging from the chandelier!

***** I have had to deal with four sets of pictures …….three of traffic lights and one of motorbikes……. to post this!

Grrrh!
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

3rd December 2018, 10:28
I use Chrome and had the one Captcha screen but it’s weird how it is varying so much, even with the same browser. I don’t understand modern technology, I just expect it to work without a hassle.

Edit to add - I only had the tick box this time
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

mamya

3rd December 2018, 12:58
Running Win10 and Chrome - I mainly manage with just a tick in the box, but I too have had occasions when 4 or 5 attempts have been needed to reply.

Made worse by being partially sighted and the pictures aren't good.

One Captcha to add this.
10 of 16  -   Report This Post