CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

stevea6000

5th September 2018, 19:40
She is steward? Not quite rightly (8)
41 of 56  -   Report This Post

heathcliff67

5th September 2018, 20:51
Thanks, stevea6000.

I did not realise that this was standard practice and if I had I would have made a post myself to achieve the objective. Thank you on behalf of myself and the participants for rescuing Clueless and apologies for not appreciating what was being done. Should I host again I shall watch out for this.
42 of 56  -   Report This Post

heathcliff67

5th September 2018, 21:15
Thank you very much to everyone who entered the competition this week, and to those who posted in response to queries from me.

Some cracking entries from the participants and I had my work cut out choosing a winner. On my shortlist were stevea6000@ 12, tatters @ 15, and paul @23 who has finished a very close second with “Server with computer intelligence lock”.

My choice of winner is bigbadmarty2 @ 30 and his:

She’s like bear with sore head after sleep cut short (8).

I looked at this clue for some time after it was posted as I couldn’t fathom it; and then the penny dropped,…finally. “Bear with sore head” threw me completely. I am not sure if the definition aspect is totally clear but the subsidiary indication is so good I decided to go with this as the winner.

Well done, marty. I believe that is two out of the last three you have won, and it seems like I have returned the compliment as you chose my entry last week. Please don’t select any entry I post next week; people might talk!

Here is your prize; “bear with sore head” would be a very accurate description of this, er, waitress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdYXQ-IPZcc&t=28s

Thanks again to everyone for their contributions.
43 of 56  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

5th September 2018, 21:30
Congrats, bbm. Thanks, heathcliff, for the challenge and the shortlist placing.

Can someone parse the winner, please?
44 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th September 2018, 21:31
Well done, BBM2, but I must confess that's it's completely over my head - couuld someone please explain?

Thanks for hosting and judging, heathcliff. The subleties of these clues make me less likely to enter Clueless (though I will continue to enter Peer Review).

btw I was expecting "Two soups"!
45 of 56  -   Report This Post

ginge

5th September 2018, 21:38
Congratulations BBM2, cheers heathcliff.
Bear with: wait +
Sore head = s placed after
Sleep cut short: res(t).
46 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th September 2018, 21:47
Thanks ginge - I must say that it wouldn't have been my pick.
47 of 56  -   Report This Post

pigale

5th September 2018, 22:16
Well done Bbm, and cheers Heathcliff for the challenge.
48 of 56  -   Report This Post

pigale

5th September 2018, 22:18
BTW, thanks Ginge for the parsing !
49 of 56  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

5th September 2018, 22:25
And another thanks, ginge, from me.
50 of 56  -   Report This Post