CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

simong

29th May 2010, 11:42
Hi AJT & Silly boy,

Got it! Thank you both for your hints...

Not the best prize crossword I've ever done and, despite K's response, I'm still not clear on what indicated American football as opposed to English (or any other nationality) football... but thanks to Google those were the easiest ones to complete...
21 of 28  -   Report This Post

ajt

29th May 2010, 11:45
If it's any use - what indicated it to me was getting 17/25 ac - it was quite clear wordplay, and the answer was obviously a sporting team -and Google did the rest
22 of 28  -   Report This Post

simong

29th May 2010, 12:03
I suppose I should confess that what indicated it to me was K's response to xwordman's original query in this thread! At the time I was also struggling to make much headway with this crossword...

23 of 28  -   Report This Post

ron

29th May 2010, 13:16
This is the worst Saturday Guardian crossword for a very long time! I hope I'll find today's FT more enjoyable.....
24 of 28  -   Report This Post

edward

30th May 2010, 16:48
I've struggled my way to about twelve of the easier ones. 10 across and 24 down still eludes me - as do all the linked clues. Any hints?
25 of 28  -   Report This Post

jack

30th May 2010, 17:46
Hi Edward

10ac,24d FOOTBALL - FOOT (BAL) L

Theme is 'Football' teams not 'Soccer' teams!!
26 of 28  -   Report This Post

ajt

30th May 2010, 18:09
Edward - If you look at an earlier reply in this thread, you will find that I advised Googling Wikipdia, where you will find a list that will give you names of all thethemed teams you need.
27 of 28  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

31st May 2010, 11:25
Well, I for one really enjoyed this crossword -- I love the ones that you have to keep picking away at, gradually uncovering the solution. Even though I like American football I didn't cotton on to the theme for quite a while (I deliberately didn't look at this thread until I'd finished). It's taken three bursts -- yesterday lunchtime, last night in bed and then again this morning (still in bed) but I got there!
28 of 28  -   Report This Post