CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elle

28th May 2015, 17:52
I'm sorry, Geography is not my strong point!
I remember your referring to Glenisla before.....it all looks very beautiful,
You are very lucky to live in such lovely countryside.
Yes, you are right, Forfarshire is connected with Grace Darling.
There is a poem entitled "Grace Darling or The Wreck of the “Forfarshire” "
Yes, I saw the reference to the caves.... so that would be where the taghairm goes on ... mmm.....very interesting.....!!
171 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

28th May 2015, 18:14
Got to go now, Rusty... we are going out for a romantic dinner shortly to a local Italian restaurant! - a belated birthday celebration! ( yes, I know my birthday was last month and we went out at the time, but that was all the family!)
Will look in later when we get back if not too late! see if you or anyone is around!
Haven't even finished all my crosswords yet today........probably have to play catchup tomorrow.
Have a good evening!
Will you watch BGT?
172 of 30765  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

28th May 2015, 18:19
chrise: It was filmed in Maine, but I don't know which river it was. For some reason I'm thinking it was the Allagash.
173 of 30765  -   Report This Post

susan

28th May 2015, 18:57
I've just spotted this thread and thought I should pop in to say hello. Firstly, Rusty, I'm very sad to learn that you've never seen Vicar of Dibley. You must put that right - I know you'll laugh. Secondly, as a girl of 14, I remember wanting to marry all of the Small Faces! So, Kenyatta, perhaps the song was Wotcha Gonna Do 'Bout It? Thirdly, I also remember doing sports in baggy, unflattering navy blue knickers Jazzgirl! And who on earth invented the idea of cross-country running in them? My sister says it was in order to get purple legs and make our fingers resemble cumberland sausages! Anyway, greetings to all!
174 of 30765  -   Report This Post

chrise

28th May 2015, 19:07
Thanks aristo - it looked impressive.
175 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rossim

28th May 2015, 19:15
Hi Susan

Nice of you to drop in.

It occurred to me that was the song Kenyatta was referring to. I think it was their first release.

I also had to do sport in navy knickers and our swimming lessons were in an outdoor unheated pool so we were purple all over!

The V of D was a classic, especially when Geraldine jumped in a puddle.
176 of 30765  -   Report This Post

susan

28th May 2015, 20:09
Hi Rossim, we also had an outdoor unheated swimming pool, with steps up into it which seemed really high and which a very young Jimmy Greaves came to open when it was completed. Ah memories, the years fly by! These days you'll only get me in the pool if it's heated, what a weakling!!

Come on Kenyatta, time's up... were we right about the song?
177 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

28th May 2015, 20:09
Hello, Susan, thank you for dropping in!
I am not a fan of TV, I'm afraid.
I like BGT and the News.
These navy blue knickers seemed to have been all the rage?
No, Elle, I shall record BGT and watch tomorrow.
The golf is on, too!
It is Wacky Trousers day!
178 of 30765  -   Report This Post

susan

28th May 2015, 20:29
Hiya Rusty, I'm with you about the TV. Since the children left home it almost never gets switched on. But I'd be lost without Radio 4 on in various rooms. What a gem. I even like the shipping forecast but don't ask me why! John Whittingdale had better keep his hands off, or there'll be letters!

By the way Rusty, I feel I must clarify the navy knickers situation. I need to preserve Rossim's and my street cred and fashion sense- they were compulsory! I think I can safely say, although I haven't asked, we all hated them with a passion. Right girls?
179 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rossim

28th May 2015, 20:36
I think we called them passion killers!
180 of 30765  -   Report This Post