CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

redcoral

25th September 2013, 11:25
Thank you to both. I was very nervous at w/e but opted for injection rather than "sleep" as advised. Went in tues at 1.30 & came back to ward 5.45! Interesting to be aware of op but no pain other than spinal injection. Rather banging& drilling noises though!) Still not much pain as injection not worn off yet. This morning I'm up (very slowly) & sitting in chair by bed! Sun shining through window down on to noisy dual carriageway in Yeovil by major roundabout! I forgot to bring my rubber to rub out my errors! Thanks for your friendship!
1 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th September 2013, 11:33
I 'm amazed that such an operation can be done while you are observing it ! They certainly get you mobile much quicker now. All the best . Jg
2 of 19  -   Report This Post

rossim

25th September 2013, 12:44
You'll soon be back on the dance floor RC!
I bet you're glad it's over.
I travelled through Yeovil a while ago. Beautiful flower displays in and around the town.
3 of 19  -   Report This Post

redcoral

25th September 2013, 12:48
I couldn't see op as I had a paper "cloth" over me with teddy bears on!!(I'm in jasmine ward in the "women's " part of the hospital as there is a lot of renovation going on in main part.) I could hear though & listened to the chat. I was made very relaxed & warm as until up until then I was SO Cold! Today is sunny & warm though. Only downside I'm having trouble sleeping so read my kindle which has a light attached overnight. At intervals they keep taking blood pressure etc during the night when I manage to drop off to sleep !! So I wake up again!
4 of 19  -   Report This Post

jane1

25th September 2013, 16:17
Wishing you a speedy recovery redcoral!
5 of 19  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th September 2013, 16:20
Yes, get well soon, redcoral
6 of 19  -   Report This Post

redcoral

25th September 2013, 16:23
Thanks to all !
Update ooooooh pain has hit in now as physiotheraptist got me walking a short way & climbing on & off bed! However apparently I'm making a good recovery. Friends bring Johnny into visit this evening. We are so lucky to live in a friendly helpful village. Yes I agree beautiful flower arrangements down noisy dual carriageway!
7 of 19  -   Report This Post

redcoral

26th September 2013, 10:32
Another day! I had a much better night but hip & back painful this morning but I'm out on a chair now. I managed to recharge my iPad but mobile battery fading unfortunately. Hopefully Johnny will bring me the charger AND the Times this afternoon so I can tackle the concise Xword! Very overcast here today.
8 of 19  -   Report This Post

redcoral

26th September 2013, 17:48
Yippee! X-ray successful today AND I walked to the bathroom & back with a frame & it looks as if I might go home tomorrow afternoon! Much more progress today. Now I'm about to start the Xword as Johnny has brought it in but there looks like a lot of confusion clues!
9 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th September 2013, 17:56
Going home so soon! That's amazing progress.
Are you able to negotiate stairs ? Just asking this for a friend who has the same operation later this year and whose bedroom is upstairs. Well done to you.

10 of 19  -   Report This Post