CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

3rd September 2013, 12:02
Good morning friends. Here are today's clues. Hope I'm not getting a bit 'stale'. Enjoy! J

I set clues just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm (GMT + 1) to allow others to have a go.

1. A glass of brandy is finally excluded from foreign bills of fare (4,2,4)

2. Adultery taking place at a mafia meeting? (8,12)

3. Old-fashioned club supporters take heart from Chrissie Evert (7)

4. Marge lets Norah see Sharon’s telegram but what’s in it? That is the question! (1,10)

5. Newspaper rants about factory operation (5,10)
1 of 24  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

3rd September 2013, 14:09
Good afternoon Jolan, I trust you are well. Traffic seems a bit slow today - it must be our Indian Summer:)

I have #5 on the first read - but I may not make it for the reveal. I will have a think on the others.
2 of 24  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd September 2013, 14:13
Good afternoon jolan
I'm late checking in but will see if I can do better than my usual two. See you later. The leylandii can wait until tomorrow ;)
3 of 24  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd September 2013, 14:16
PS. There are some excellent solvers on this forum. It would be good to see them joining in this week
4 of 24  -   Report This Post

jolan

3rd September 2013, 14:20
Hi RE. Glad to see you. I thought the traffic was slow also. I'm in good form and trust you a feeling much better these days.

Hi also Jazzy x. Gee thanks! I'd almost forgotten the leylandii. Now I note they're poking strands up all over the place and the second haircut is becoming due. Good luck with the solving & those trees :)
5 of 24  -   Report This Post

ginge

3rd September 2013, 14:20
Hi Jolan
First chance I've had, a quick coffee break. I'm helping my mate decorate and I think his girlfriend has forgotten I'm doing this as a favour. Won't peek until I have 5 answers.
6 of 24  -   Report This Post

jolan

3rd September 2013, 14:36
Welcome Ginge and good luck.
I'm off to take Helen to the surgery for a routine blood test :)) I'm not really cruel, just happy it's not me.
7 of 24  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd September 2013, 14:38
I'm swamped today and only see two right off (one of them a Jolan special), but will try to look in later. I'm also having a lot of trouble with the site; I get either the blue "Crossword Clue Solver" and nothing else or a message saying that the page can't be displayed (this doesn't happen with other sites).

You and your leylandii, jazzgirl. Would you like to borrow a chainsaw and a book of matches?
8 of 24  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

3rd September 2013, 15:35
I have #1 & #4 as well now. #2 should be a challenge - I don't know many 12 letter words:)
9 of 24  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd September 2013, 15:36
Just solved #3 and #4 so far .
ari: No chainsaw or fires. My leylandii is home (nesting site) for birds, shelter for the fox and squirrel and windbreak. Two haircuts annually is no problem :)

10 of 24  -   Report This Post