CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

harlequin

2nd September 2013, 13:01
I've solved the theme and have most of the grid. One or two have me stumped. Anyone doing this? Rules are too complicated to share otherwise.
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

2nd September 2013, 16:11
I have no idea of the theme and have some clues solved but not a lot. Struggling here.
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

harlequin

2nd September 2013, 16:32
I'm nearly finished, so if you want any help just indicate the clue number and whether you want a hint or the actual answer.
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

barretter

2nd September 2013, 19:51
I'm down to having four clues left to solve :
12a : I have RER? (possibly O, but what is the missing letter?)
13a : ??S?E?E (possibly "easterner" with Rs omitted?)
5d : I have SE?MI? (no idea)
7d : I have CA??LE? (again no idea).
Any hints welcome. Thanks in advance
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

harlequin

2nd September 2013, 20:51
12 ac. I think the missing letter is 't'. I don't have it nor 3.dn. Missing letter for 3. dn is 'E' (4 times).
13. ac is EASTERNER. You are correct. 'TEN' is the cardinal number in 'EASE' ('quiet')
5dn SEEMING (apparently) Short PIP is SEE(D) + MIN
7 dn. is related to (contains) the answer to 8 (dn). The crosses are not religious, but cattle breeding crosses.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

harlequin

2nd September 2013, 21:02
For 24 ac I have C?OSI?G. I think 'E' is the missing letter, but I also suspect I've made an error somewhere.
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

barretter

2nd September 2013, 21:10
Thanks for your help. 3dn is "overgreened" minus the "e"s. 24 ac is "closing". "Eclosing" means "emerging". That leaves me with 7dn unsolved and the surname "?OOR". Cheers
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

barretter

2nd September 2013, 21:22
I can see now that it's Dudley!
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

leon

2nd September 2013, 21:28
barretter, cant remember full clue but answer is cataloes, o goes to bottom row, you should then have 4 words in bottom row
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

barretter

2nd September 2013, 21:45
I was just about to write that I had now solved 7dn and had the phrase and the show and the surname of the other participant ; and that 7dn was not as sneaky as I expect Listener clues to be!
10 of 17  -   Report This Post