CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

raymond

9th July 2013, 21:45
Hello R-timers,
Surely I'm not the first to post this week..? Weather's too good for crosswords eh..?! I must admit I'm waiting for some input, I've taken a quick glance and decided there's a new compiler..! I'm obviously not on the same wavelength...but I'll keep at it. :
1 of 43  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th July 2013, 21:50
Hi Raymond
There were an unusually large numbers of words that I wasn't sure how to spell (well, at least two), but otherwise it came out fairly easily, I thought.
2 of 43  -   Report This Post

magworth

9th July 2013, 22:32
Hi Raymond. I think like you - different compiler. I finished it in one session last week, tonight I still have four to solve : 22 and 24 ac; 17 and 14 d,. Everyone else must have had no problems! I`ll see tomorrow who answers. Nos da, Mags.
3 of 43  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th July 2013, 22:37
Do you want hints yet, magworth?
4 of 43  -   Report This Post

cantersue

9th July 2013, 22:44
Found it very difficult. Finished now having spent what seems like all day on it. Having some spelling mistakes didn't help! Can give some clues tomorrow if still needed.
5 of 43  -   Report This Post

wally

9th July 2013, 22:58
I found it a real beast today,
Not sure about parsing my 11ac, nor sure I have the right answer to 22ac but
24 ac the answer is a gas, The first three letters are a sort of cows with the first letter missing
14 dn as it says it is a town: first and last three letters are a type of thread with an anagram of helps in the middle
17 dn is a word for a layer: reading upwards the first two letters are from the greek alphabet then a cake (though I would not call it a “cake”)
6 of 43  -   Report This Post

wally

9th July 2013, 22:59
Sorry 17dn cakes not cake.
7 of 43  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th July 2013, 23:01
11 should be read backwards
22 I have a television series that sounds (very) like an unnatural note!
8 of 43  -   Report This Post

vintageal

9th July 2013, 23:12
I'm new to this but agree that their is a new compiler, but still find this x-word a challenge
9 of 43  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

10th July 2013, 07:44
hi RT'ers
I've not yet bought my copy but will do so by lunchtime today. I only read until post 5 on this thread and now look forward with trepidation to this week's "new compiler" . It sounds as though I will be spending a few hours on it judging by your comments. Oh dear.....;)
10 of 43  -   Report This Post