CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

14th June 2013, 20:06
Good evening everyone,

Hope you all enjoyed the June offering, here is the Wordplay File thankfully put together again by our friend AB (Thanks AB)
Also the Solution Grid.
Feel free to air your likes, dislikes and pending question marks.

Thanks to all who got involved and hope you're available for the July edition along with the regulars coming back who sat out of this one. I feel we may have some new talent getting involved next month and they will be most welcome (ie, ginge etc).

Thanks again fellow setters, Les40

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18643289/Joint%20Effort%20June%202013%20SOLUTION.pdf

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18643289/JUNE%20JE%202013%20wordplay%20and%20solution.pdf
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

rossim

14th June 2013, 21:36
Thanks Les and AB,
Amazingly, although I had some hints for the last couple of clues, I got the rest correct. It was certainly a toughie but I enjoyed the challenge.
I shall be available for the July JE if you want me.
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

emrach

14th June 2013, 21:45
Yes thanks Les and AB

It was my best effort yet. Tragic being the one I didn't get.

Loved Ex-serviceman, Cash on delivery, General store and thought bun in the oven rather than Hansel and Gretal!!! Lots of great clues thanks everyone x

3 of 15  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

14th June 2013, 21:49
Dear Les,

Once again thank you so much for all your hard work ------ we here have had a lot of fun and grief trying to solve the clues ---- we have 2 left -- not saying which ones at the moment --- but will probably tear our hair out when we see the answers ------ keep it coming ---- well done ----

Thinking today of bullfrog and i thought that the dedication to him was wonderful XXXXX Thank you
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

les40

14th June 2013, 22:43
Thankyou ladies (not strumpets today)
I will certainly be looking forward to your involvement in the next Joint Effort, you are always welcome (well, that's if you don't lose your marbles and I have to let you go) - Tee-hee!
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

emrach

14th June 2013, 22:54
PS

Did anyone get the secret setters correct :)
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

les40

14th June 2013, 23:10
Hi Emrach,

Nobody got you as secret setter 1 but GK did have aristo OR ixion as secret setter 2, can't remember now if anyone else got it right. I don't feel it generated enough interest really, maybe try something different next time or carry on with it and see if it grows on folk
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

14th June 2013, 23:32
I was very amused at one point at being suspected of being one of the Secret Setters!
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

rossim

14th June 2013, 23:34
I think everyone was concentrating too hard on solving the clues!
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

syzygy

15th June 2013, 09:10
Slight glitch in the wordpla

10 of 15  -   Report This Post