CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

1st May 2013, 20:15
Congratulations, shooty, and thanks too. Thanks also to Les, and Paul!
41 of 56  -   Report This Post

les40

1st May 2013, 20:16
I don't really want to pick a second Rosalind but what I will do is.
Shooty, if you send me your word to clue in CLUELESS for next week, I will post it on Tuesday and you can just judge it when you've finished work on Wednesday, just put a slight extension on the closing time.
You can send me an email to my old Joint Effort address, which is:

les40forumjointeffort@yahoo.co.uk
42 of 56  -   Report This Post

rambler

1st May 2013, 20:20
congrats shooty
43 of 56  -   Report This Post

shooty

1st May 2013, 20:24
Well I seem to have put the Cat (stevens) amongst the pigeons. I sincerely apologise for my faux pas. Please retract my entry and select another Les. (This is certainly not what I intended). Sorry once again.
44 of 56  -   Report This Post

shooty

1st May 2013, 20:30
Les, I have just scrolled back and seen your post. (very kind of you) if all is happy with a 7.30 deadline and a 8.30 prize giving, this will be great.
45 of 56  -   Report This Post

les40

1st May 2013, 20:33
That's fine pal, don't worry about it. You can think about your word and send it to me as late as Monday if you like, I'll just post it on Tuesday morning before I go to work. We understand on here that some people work shifts and some are in different time zones around the world, so a little leeway aint gonna be a problem.
46 of 56  -   Report This Post

shooty

1st May 2013, 20:44
Thank you. : )
47 of 56  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

1st May 2013, 20:46
Hi shooty, I take part in these contests (?) for the 'fun of it' and am overjoyed if my efforts are recognised by the setter or my peers - so many congratulations on your success.

Thanks for the mention of my effort @12

btw - I am old enough to have been to some Hall and Oats concerts and still have some of their albums on vinyl, as well as Cat Stevens :)
48 of 56  -   Report This Post

mrw

1st May 2013, 21:00
Well done shooty, I too am from that era and understood the clue. (Cat Stevens so under rated).

Paul am with you too over Aristo, I have an image.
49 of 56  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

1st May 2013, 21:38
Missed out completely this week owing to greedy visitors (haha) but loved the map of Venice on your clip, les!
50 of 56  -   Report This Post