CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

29th March 2013, 17:13
Happy Easter to all, I hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday weekend. Rosalind, I think you're very wise buying a spare egg; I've bought several extras as I seem to lose mine too. It's odd, I buy them nice and early but they just vanish. One of life's mysteries.....along with why does Easter egg chocolate taste so much better than normal chocolate? More research required I feel. No, I mustn't there won't be any left in the shops to replace them with at this late stage.
Emrach, are you still at a Baptist church? My one has a 'sunrise' service on Easter Sunday on our local common - which this year coincides with the clocks going forward, effectively meaning a 7am start. Just hope it's not snowing as it did a couple of years ago!
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

pastille

29th March 2013, 18:07
Evening all, loverly to see a bit of persiflage ....

Easter early, the schools are actually off,(makes a change) clocks changing....and April Fool in the same weekend.

Tempted to say there are three " hidden" eggs, but only hide one.... April Fool!

....or is that just cruel?
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

rosalind

29th March 2013, 20:13
mmm, bit cruel that, pastille;-)) Don't think you'd do that really. If you hide lots of small eggs, part of the pleasure is discovering them days or weeks later.....

It's also the Boat Race on Sunday, though I don't watch it in spite of being in dark blue territory.

13 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

29th March 2013, 20:31
That is cruel pastille....but I like it. Rosalind, I know what you mean about losing Easter eggs - mine keep disappearing from the cupboard and I keep replacing them One of life's mysteries - along with why does Easter egg chocolate taste better than the normal stuff? More research required I think.........no, better not as there may not be any eggs left in the shops to replenish stocks this time.
Rossim, I agree - the only time hen's eggs are better than chocolate ones is with sausage and chips.
Going back to hymn words - what on earth does "Thine eye diffused a quickening ray" mean? Please don't feel obliged to answer.
14 of 22  -   Report This Post

rosalind

29th March 2013, 20:44
That is one of the most obscure hymn lines I've ever seen Mrs T. What is the first line, please?

Eating a real egg is actually destroying potential life, or would be if the poor hens were ever allowed anywhere near a cockerel. Chocolate so much nicer. Yum. Less than 2 days to go...................
15 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

30th March 2013, 09:55
1 day to go! Rosalind, it's from 'And Can It Be' , a Charles Wesley hymn. It's a brilliant, belting number which is sung with gusto even where it's not understood!
16 of 22  -   Report This Post

emrach

30th March 2013, 10:24
Hi Mrs Trellis

I went to the Baptist church until I was about 11 and haven't been a church goer since. I have very happy memories and it was back in the days when you had Sunday School trips and many other activities. The C of S was - and still is - so boring no wonder numbers are dwindling.

I do hope the weather is kind to you on Sunday.
17 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

30th March 2013, 10:43
Lol, emrach, I've heard that.... but I also hope the Baptists have moved on from their 'hippy happy clappy' image. I know I'll be disappointed if I don't catch any mini eggs thrown out from the stage tomorrow (after we've braved the stupid o'clock service). Thanks for your good weather wishes. Hope you have a lovely Easter.
18 of 22  -   Report This Post

rossim

30th March 2013, 10:47
Emrach I misread your post 10 as aged 71 !! Therefore, the rest had me totally confused for a while. lol x
19 of 22  -   Report This Post

emrach

30th March 2013, 11:18
Ha ha - just looked at it I can see why. Fortunately I have a while to wait for that birthday. x
20 of 22  -   Report This Post