CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

winnie

13th April 2013, 22:34
Hi palman. Is the your answer to 28 the name of a cross breed please. Hope this is not giving too much away !
271 of 320  -   Report This Post

marmalade

14th April 2013, 08:30
Thank you Hufflecat, I obviously don't see anagrams! So 17. was the father this West Country King? Is it a singer, a county or something completely different? And 97. Cats, many get noisier,so we're told. Help please.
272 of 320  -   Report This Post

chasm

14th April 2013, 11:36
marmalade.
17. Think first of the inhabitant of a county for the first word and then think of a king for the second.

Please can someone give me further clues to 32, 55, 71 and 71. My aged brain has been struggling with these clues without arriving at anything positive.
273 of 320  -   Report This Post

hufflecat

14th April 2013, 15:15
97 - 'many' in cryptic clues almost always refers to either C or M, so it's one of those and then the rest of the word sounds like a word that means noisier (but isn't a real word on its own). The whole is a collective noun for cats.
274 of 320  -   Report This Post

hufflecat

14th April 2013, 15:22
Not sure what clues have been given for these already, and can't be bothered to read through the whole thread again. So, these may or may not help!

32 - anagram of 'easily' minus the i, plus a type of meat.
55 - the musical should be obvious given the theme of the quiz, and the answer is a type of knot (hence 'hitch' in the clue).
71 - Google Argentina + Rugby
275 of 320  -   Report This Post

palman

14th April 2013, 20:52
Re 28 here goes final clues.
Its a dog,its plural, Accomodates.
BOAR- - - - DS. An ealy term for Great Danes.
276 of 320  -   Report This Post

hufflecat

14th April 2013, 21:38
That's the word I was referring to, but I still can't work out how it fits the clue and accounts for the 'she can help' bit. I'm not asking you to explain it fully, but I assume you're getting the other four letters from the clue somehow?
277 of 320  -   Report This Post

winnie

14th April 2013, 22:17
Hi hufflecat, I believe I have the same answer as you and I can't see where 'she can help' fits in. Have you had any break through there please?
278 of 320  -   Report This Post

hufflecat

14th April 2013, 22:26
No, I'm no further ahead than that. I'm willing to be convinced, but it has to work fully as a cryptic clue, not just one part of it being sort of right. I say sort of, because in the clue it's accommodate, not accommodates, so even the 'boards' bit doesn't fully work for me. Or maybe I've just been looking at it for too long! Maybe it is kennelmaid after all...
279 of 320  -   Report This Post

winnie

14th April 2013, 23:00
Thanks hufflecat, like you I would love it to work because I am not happy with kennelmaid - but at the moment kennelmaid has the edge ! The 's' could be there because daneS is plural but that still does not address the 'she can help' part. Think I'm going to stop now and look at it afresh to-morrow. Nite !
280 of 320  -   Report This Post