CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

2nd January 2013, 12:13
hi all
I've just managed to complete it but was stuck on 21a and 18 down for ages and they were the last two to fall. I kept asking myself "Who or what is Derek?" You guys would have guess that one faster! Pipesmoker, all the best for your forthcoming visit to the Grand Hotel. J

16 of 54  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd January 2013, 12:15
*typo: guessed.
Who is Kevin?
17 of 54  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

2nd January 2013, 12:54
Hi, and a Happy New Year to all!
Stuck on my last two, 16a & 4d.
Can anyone give me a couple of hints maybe?
18 of 54  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd January 2013, 12:58
hi GK Happy New Year
16a "spaced out" synonym 4 letters (on drugs maybe?) and a landscape painter for the 2nd word
4d is an anagram and she is a Ballet Dancer.
19 of 54  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

2nd January 2013, 13:08
Many thanks, jazzgirl. To my disgrace I have to admit I'd never even heard of D.B., though
in Hamburg I got interested in ballet through John Neumeier's company.Shame on me!
20 of 54  -   Report This Post

old gal

2nd January 2013, 15:19
Hello everyone and a very Happy New Year to you all!!! Am making a painful start to this week's puzzle. 4d - a ballet dancer, if my across clue is right then the surname begins with a u. Is this right and where can I find the name. I have looked briefly at google but am stumped by the amount of dancers. Any other clue please, ie nationality?
21 of 54  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd January 2013, 15:23
Sorry to confuse you, jazzy - there's a book (and now film) called "We need to talk about Kevin) by Lionel SHRIVER. I think I was misremembering another clue where there was a "R/L" switch indication.
22 of 54  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd January 2013, 15:24
Old gal
The dancer is English, recently retired. Went on a farwell tour with Katherine Jenkins, I think.
23 of 54  -   Report This Post

chrisg

2nd January 2013, 15:37
old gal - she is also a judge on "strictly"
24 of 54  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd January 2013, 15:53
Good to see you back with us not-so-old gal and Happy and Healthy New Year to you.
Thanks chrise for enlightening me re Kevin.
25 of 54  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT No 2