CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrisg

18th September 2012, 10:19
Good day RT'ers. Found this one tough going. Didnt buy the RT last week because I took a few days holiday in Herefordshire (lovely county). On a different subject - just giving some thought as to whether or not to hold an "end of world" party on 20th Dec (Mayan prophecy/end of calendar etc world ending on 21st Dec) or, perhaps, to hold a "not the end of the world party" on 22nd Dec.? Perhaps I will also leave the Xmas shopping until 22nd Dec just in case
1 of 43  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

18th September 2012, 10:29
Hi chrisg, hope you enjoyed your hols. I enjoyed it this week, thought the clues were clever in the way the definition was often different from what I expected. Probably just me assuming the wrong thing.
Re the end of the world, I'm still recovering from our party on the Jehovah Witnesses' forecast end date (1987 I think - it was a heck of a party).
2 of 43  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th September 2012, 13:45
hi
I also found this one hard-going.
Started at 12 noon and just finished. I have some queries on some of the parsing, but will wait until others have finished, as some may not get their copy today. Off to enjoy a bit of sun.
J
3 of 43  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th September 2012, 14:13
Hi chrisg et al,
Christams shopping would be even moe hectic if everyone agreed with you (though leaving it to the last moment seems to be a common strategy)
Apart from getting the wrong sort of inn for 3dn at first, I thought it was fairly easy - some very nice clues, though. I particularly like 2dn Selfish, say, playing concerti (10)
4 of 43  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

18th September 2012, 14:31
I agree with jazzgirl about some of the parsing - 16a springs to mind
5 of 43  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th September 2012, 14:38
16ac What would you do to "pot" to make it into a type of "lid"?
6 of 43  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

18th September 2012, 16:40
D'oh! Thanks chrise ;-)
7 of 43  -   Report This Post

mondrian

18th September 2012, 17:13
Good afternoon every one and it is a nice sunny one here in Glasgow. Having read your comments about this weeks Crossword I am somewhat put off starting it before I have even bought the RT!!! However as the RT is on order at the shop I shall purchase it on the way home and get started, if I can.

Thanks for the comments about my garden and the film Anna K. So Mags you didn`t actually enjoy the film if you were wanting to leave early. That does not augur well. Apologies for my frequent spelling/type mistakes.

Oldgal. Hope you are ok these days.

No doubt I shall be back on line for help with the crossword.
8 of 43  -   Report This Post

wally

18th September 2012, 17:50
How old id the setter of this puzzle? 60 years ago (yes I am that old!) we went to the cinema on a Saturday morning to see children's films. One of our cowboy heros wass Roy Rogers. His horse had the same name as the part of a gun which you pull or squeeze to make it fire.

Just in case some of the younger solvers need a help in this clue!
9 of 43  -   Report This Post

eccles45

18th September 2012, 18:21
chrise

even with your hint, 16a is a mystery to me
10 of 43  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 39