CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magworth

19th September 2012, 09:08
Many thanks, Mrs T and Jazzgirl. I`d got the anagram for the first part. Now you tell me, it`s obvious !! Just couldn`t see it. Mags.
31 of 43  -   Report This Post

wally

19th September 2012, 18:05
Thanks for the clue for the Trackword. The moment I looked at it starting with X it was obvious. But I can't find the word in any of our dictionaries, though what I assume is the opposite is.
32 of 43  -   Report This Post

chris4food

20th September 2012, 01:50
Hello everyone, well, that was a nightmare - been looking at it for two days on and off and finally resorted to looking at everyone's posts. Got totally confused by hints for 11a, as I toss my pancakes, so the only answer I could come up with was toss-pot, which I didn't think could possibly be right!!!
Anyway, nightowl, you're not the only one up late this night... couldn't get to sleep so thought I'd have one more crack at the crossie and see if that helped me sleep - Nope, it hasn't.
I well remember the Saturday morning pictures at the Regal in Chester. I was about 10 at the time and studying for my 11+,and we had extra tuition on a Saturday morning, but to get to school I had to go passed the cinema - guess what won - and no, I didn't pass my 11+ - Roy, et al,[remember Flash Gordon and Ming??] have a lot to answer for....
Anyway, hope you're all keeping fit and well, and thanks for the assists...
Am away next week on hols in Cornwall and paying a visit to Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant in Padstow - can't wait.... I'll still be doing the crossie, but won't have access to a computer, so see you all in a couple of weeks and good luck, good fortune and good health to you all
Chris
33 of 43  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

20th September 2012, 07:20
wally, you can check your Trackword answer at http://www.chambers.co.uk/word-wizard.php., great for anagrams and tricky clues. chris4food, hope you have a lovely holiday - review of Rick's when you're back please :-)
34 of 43  -   Report This Post

mr.light

20th September 2012, 11:46
I too am struggling this week - run out of industrial invention ideas - will give it til end of weekend, then back for clues...
Have a good holiday to Chris and cheers to you all.
35 of 43  -   Report This Post

bees

20th September 2012, 14:25
Mr Light, I hope you won't feel an ass when you get the invention. Keep turning it round in your mind.
Finished at last! It's a good job I haven't got a life! Thought it was very obscure, especially 18a - guess the answer then try to justify it.
36 of 43  -   Report This Post

mr.light

20th September 2012, 18:07
Cheers Bees, hee-haw...
37 of 43  -   Report This Post

chris4food

20th September 2012, 18:57
thanks for your good hol wishes, Mrs T and Mr L. Review of Rick Stein's restuarant forthcoming!
Looked at the long range weather forecast and it looks pretty dire for Cornwall- all those lovely hol clothes I bought in the sale - I'll have to wear my thermals underneath!!! Still what the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over!
Cheers
Chris
38 of 43  -   Report This Post

mondrian

21st September 2012, 10:25
Glad to hear some of the rest of you have had to struggle this week - I certainly have. Am still stuck on 13D and 22A. I am even doubtful about some of my other answers.

Chris4food. Hope you have a good dining experience at Rick Steins and do tell us about it.

We have a lovely day here so it looks as though the garden might benefit from my attempts at keeping order. Yes I too imagine Jazzgirl`s garden to be one of those worthy of being a candidate for `Gardens Open Day`
39 of 43  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

21st September 2012, 11:21
Good MOrning all
Having so much trouble with this laptop, it is difficult logging in. I shall have to shell out for a new one very soon.
Chris4food - Have a good holiday. Will miss your humour next week so will expect a double dose the week after ;0)
dear Mondrian, if you saw the state of my garden - well it is just an overgrown mess. Ivy crawling over the fence from neighbour's garden, tree roots appearing everywhere, creepers have a life of their own and the fox is digging a deeper and deeper hole. Squirrel pinching all the birdseed. However, the Autumn colours are lovely, especially the Virginia creeper and the "fake" Bamboo (name escapes me at the moment) so all is not lost.
Back to the RT, 13d starts with ex and is a verb meaning "to go through" as e.g. a bad time. and 22 means being "with it" or in vogue. Do hope this helps.
J
40 of 43  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 39