CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

torvic

11th September 2012, 11:57
Not so easy this week but managed to finish.
There are a couple of words new to me.
Be careful of 19d, there are two of them and no 20d, I nearly put the answer in the wrong column!
Good luck everyone.
1 of 43  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th September 2012, 13:05
hi torvic
Yes, I'm finding it more difficult this week. I've still four to do and need another coffee and some luck.
7a was witty. The clue "Force out movie about boy" should have been shown as no. 20.
J
2 of 43  -   Report This Post

magworth

11th September 2012, 13:28
I`m averting my eyes from these contributions - once again my RT has not arrived. I`ve tried calling but was kept hanging on so long I gave up! Mags.
3 of 43  -   Report This Post

torvic

11th September 2012, 13:33
Hi jazzgirl, Yes 7a was one of the clever clues. 15a was a word I haven't come across before.
4 of 43  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th September 2012, 13:45
Just finished. 15a sounds like a word my Wiltshire farming ancestors might have used. I've never heard of it either!
Magworth, do hope your RT arrives tommorow.
So frustrating for you.
Off to do a bit of shrub trimming in the sun.
J
5 of 43  -   Report This Post

chris4food

11th September 2012, 15:30
Hi All, hope everyone's keeping fit and well. Didn't post last week - found it very difficult, but that might be because I was with my grandsons and the old brain was being severely taxed.... plus we went to the Paralympics and that was absolutely mind-blowing!
Anyway, this week's got me worried and started to think I was developing Early Onset Alzheimers.... but I'm down to the last two in the top r/h corner, so any help would be gratefully appreciated....
Jazzgirl and torvic, I'd heard of 15a - but it's not a word in my day-to-day vocabulary!!
Was really miffed at their error - put what should have been 20d in 19d and was completely thrown for a while, until I saw the error of their ways....
Just realised - it's the last one...
6d piece of music ..
-E-A-E-L-
think first 'E' could be wrong ....
liked 24a
Cheers
Chris
6 of 43  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

11th September 2012, 15:42
Hi all. chris4food, I've still got a few to do, but have got 6d. Your first e is wrong. Put emphasis on second syllable of entrance.
7 of 43  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

11th September 2012, 15:44
I too like 24a and 12a. Haven't got 15a, and bit worried by what everyone's said. I'll plug away for a bit but may well come back for help.
8 of 43  -   Report This Post

chris4food

11th September 2012, 16:47
many thanks, Mrs T. I'd got the dance part, but not having a musical bone in my body [but I can dance!!] the word eluded me. Had to resort to QuickSolve.... Got the Dutch town wrong which is why I'd got an E instead of an A. Hadn't realised it was a town as well...
All done and dusted
15a is an old fashioned word, but it's quite a good clue, once you've got it!!!
Hey, Magworth, any chance of getting the crossword online???? Just a thought...
9 of 43  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

11th September 2012, 17:11
Thanks chris4, I'd not come across 15 before, but I shall henceforth use it every time I enter my son's bedroom!
10 of 43  -   Report This Post