CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ab

23rd August 2012, 12:39
PEER REVIEW 35

This is a competition for clue setters. The idea (like CLUELESS) is to set a cryptic clue to a given word. Unlike Clueless you will be judged by your peers and not the setter of the clue word.

Multiple entries are welcome. You MUST post a clue for your vote to count. One vote per contestant – please state the post number you are voting for.

The entry with the most qualifying votes wins and sets next week’s PEER REVIEW. In the event of a tie the setter chooses the winner.

There is a (roughly) one day time frame. Your clue must be posted by 5pm UK time on Friday, when voting opens. Voting closes at 9pm UK time on Friday, the winner will be announced as soon as possible afterwards. I will not be in touch with a computer until late on Friday and the result may be obvious by then, but please await the prize before congratulating the winner. Thanks.

The setter donates an online prize and reserves the right to change the rules in order to deal with unforeseen circumstances.

Feel free to include an explanation of your clue just in case solver-voters cannot appreciate your clue.

The word to be clued this week is

FIDDLESTICKS (12)

Good Luck!
AB
1 of 77  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd August 2012, 12:41
More than one bow? Nonsense! (12)
2 of 77  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd August 2012, 12:43
Dick fed slits change. Rubbish! (12)
3 of 77  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd August 2012, 12:47
Kids felt disc to be unusual; nonsense! (12)
4 of 77  -   Report This Post

rossim

23rd August 2012, 13:04
Revolving disc left kids playing cajun style. (12)
5 of 77  -   Report This Post

rossim

23rd August 2012, 13:06
Sorry ChrisE. I will withdraw my post.
6 of 77  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd August 2012, 13:11
Not at all, rossim - after all, there are only a limited number of anagrams. The rest of yours is totally different from mine (and I would feel guilty about happening to be onlne when AB posted the word).
7 of 77  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd August 2012, 13:36
Not sure if this works over there...

Moonshine in Appalachia (12)
8 of 77  -   Report This Post

peterh

23rd August 2012, 13:45
Deft licks sid gave humbug (12)
9 of 77  -   Report This Post

paul

23rd August 2012, 13:51

On board ship Mark gets the con first - Bother! (12)
10 of 77  -   Report This Post