CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

16th August 2012, 14:57
chrisg. Thank you. It is so obvious when one has the answer. I am not very good these days on kids` TV but I did get a `top up` when the grandchildren were here and we watched CBBCs!! After they left I felt like putting that channel on again to fill the silence! Sad case!! I have had to `Quick Solve` 20A and I have to say I would never have got it otherwise.
61 of 87  -   Report This Post

mondrian

16th August 2012, 14:57
chrisg. Thank you. It is so obvious when one has the answer. I am not very good these days on kids` TV but I did get a `top up` when the grandchildren were here and we watched CBBCs!! After they left I felt like putting that channel on again to fill the silence! Sad case!! I have had to `Quick Solve` 20A and I have to say I would never have got it otherwise.
62 of 87  -   Report This Post

old gal

16th August 2012, 15:19
....and bringing up the rear is OG who is stuck on 12a, 23a, 24a, 13d. As you can see, well in the rear.
63 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrisg

16th August 2012, 15:46
Hi old gal - Hope you are well. Rather than wearing my ancient fingers to the bone with additional clues I will give you the answers!
12a Waterloo Road (Tv drama)
23 Poignancy (pig outside (o)ld + nancy (french city)
24 Strut (both a support and to parade/walk)
13d Dilettante (amateur) Dante around anagram of title
64 of 87  -   Report This Post

sholto

16th August 2012, 20:22
Never mind old gal. There's always next week.
65 of 87  -   Report This Post

chris4food

17th August 2012, 11:11
thanks for the heads-up on Outnumbered, Chrise - one of my daughters recommended it, too. Not heard of the Green Wing, but there's only so much tv I can watch - and still catching up with the Nordic dramas - did anyone watch Borgen - great stuff and can't wait for the next series....
Thoroughly enjoyed the Olympics, took one of my grandsons to Old Trafford to see Spain v Morocco - goalless draw, but magic atmosphere - wish we could have gone to more, but there's still the Paralympics and we've got tickets for the fencing, so we'll soak up the atmosphere in London. Great stuff from Sheff's golden girl, Jessica - still haven't got round to seeing the gold painted post box, tho.
Hi Mondrian, didn't think it was so long since Karen's last post - maybe once having won, there's no incentive??
Good to see you Oldgal, hope you're keeping well - it was a difficult one, this week wasn't it?
Regards to all and hope you have a lovely weekend
Chris
66 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th August 2012, 11:13
Hi chris4food
Try to trace "Green Wing" - several of the stars have since become familiar faces, but have never been better than in GW.
67 of 87  -   Report This Post

mondrian

17th August 2012, 11:54
Oldgal. Good to hear from you. Hope you are well. Without the help I got on this site from chrisg and others I would never have got anywhere at all. Meantime I am still stuck on
16A Leader leaves the. etc. I have ?T?L?I?
and 22A Stand beyond etc.. I have T?A?E?
I shall resort to Quick Solve again!
68 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th August 2012, 11:58
22 ac is a painter's stand after a type of junction to give a plant.
For 16, I think "the lot" refers to a sum; usual crossword soldier. Pains usually end in "a"
69 of 87  -   Report This Post

chris4food

17th August 2012, 12:00
Hi Mondrian, it was a stinker this week, wasn't it?
Don't know whether you want answers or additional clues - I had to resort to quick solve in the end.
16A Otalgia - head pain - gi - soldier, and then I got stuck!!!
22A Teasel - again can't see the make-up of it, but it's a plant and it fits....
Cheers
Chris
70 of 87  -   Report This Post