CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chris4food

26th June 2012, 16:39
OMG - I can't believe I'm starting this week's thread!!!
Didn't start the crossword until nearly 4.00pm and thought you'd all be there before me, all done and dusted!!!
Hope you're all right after your Race for Life, Oldgal?
Didn't like 4d - it didn't seem to make sense to me, but then I often get answers and don't know why or how!
It's been lovely and sunny this morning in the People's Republic of S Yorks, but now raining [no change there, then]
Good health to everyone
Chris
1 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th June 2012, 16:43
hi Chris
Telepathy...Just logged on and there you are. I wasn't particularly inspired by this week's. The setter did not seem to have much imagination as regards wordplay. (Or am I getting brighter? !) Do hope it's the latter.
Look forward to hearing how the Race went old gal.
2 of 28  -   Report This Post

chris4food

26th June 2012, 17:00
I agree with you, Jazzgirl, WE ARE getting brighter! And yes, it was a disappointment to finish it so quickly....
Cheers
3 of 28  -   Report This Post

cantersue

26th June 2012, 17:29
All done quickly this week. Just seen word play for 4d. "trace" is as in "small part" followed by a word for a
List of candidates.
4 of 28  -   Report This Post

chris4food

26th June 2012, 17:44
Hi cantersue, it was me having a senior moment for 4d - I misquoted the 30 days hath September rhyme, so the month eluded me, then the first part of the surname did, too - but I got the answer despite my doziness!
5 of 28  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

26th June 2012, 18:35
HI, Friends. Yes, it really was a bit of a yawn this week. I had it done before my chips got cold, or I had a chance to dribble sauce on to the grid.

I am still getting used to the new computer layout. It is not as simple as its predecessor.

An old dearie drove her car into Mrs P's car yesterday while I was minding it. She offered to buy some sort of polish to get rid of the dents, and seemed a bit nonplussed when I told her I would allow her insurance to pay for a proper repair. By now, I expect she will be sticking pins into a wee doll with a pipe.

Best wishes.

P
6 of 28  -   Report This Post

chris4food

26th June 2012, 18:42
Polish to get rid of dents, Pipesmoker? I could do with some of that for my face!! Find out what it is...... please
7 of 28  -   Report This Post

magworth

26th June 2012, 18:50
Yes - no fun this week, all done over coffee. I was, however, stumped over Dennis the Menace`s dog in the Radio Times Extra general knowledge puzzle! Had to consult Google - then remembered that same dog in a RT puzzle a few weeks ago. Mags
8 of 28  -   Report This Post

mondrian

27th June 2012, 14:25
I am still stuck on 2D - Unusual to have a short category on one short state (8) and also the one across which intersects it about `Old vessel for his nibs.
For 19 across I spent ages trying to fit in Carson of Carson City. Have now seen the errors of my way. Otherwise finished.

A muggy day here. Hope oldgal posts and lets us know how she got on.

Also where, oh where is Caravaggio? Hope he is well
9 of 28  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

27th June 2012, 14:42
Mondrian:

Thank you for your concern and my best wishes to you and my other Radio Times friends who contribute to this Forum.

As some of you know - Jazzgirl in particular - I am a Telegraph reader and, on a Saturday, the paper includes a very comprehensive Review section, which contains the listings for the following week including radio.

Some weeks ago, I came to the conclusion that the information I needed was contained in the Review and, for that reason, the Radio Times was superfluous.

So I've stopped buying the Radio Times and, over the weeks, I've noticed that some familiar names have disappeared too. I wonder whether they've come to a similar conclusion.

I'm pleased to say that I'm fit and well and I do look at the Forum on a regular basis but now I'm not in a position to make a contribution.

With best wishes to you all,

Caravaggio
10 of 28  -   Report This Post