CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

old gal

29th June 2012, 17:31
Hello all! Have not been able to get on line this week due to my breaking the USB adaptor as I dusted the top of the bookcase and had to wait for Amazon to do their stuff and send me a new one! Amazingly enough, having to sort through the crossword on my own did me the world of good and I have finished all but 19a!!! Thanks for all your kind wishes - yes, I did my walk for Cancer Research last sunday, it was a brilliant day, good weather, and attended by over 2,000 people! So moving to watch the long line of people taking part and thinking that all of them were there because either they or someone they knew had fallen victim to this scourge of our age!!! it really is a nasty pernicious disease and so prevalent!! Anyway - I raised over £150 and my daughters ran with me which was good. Feel full of love and joy and gratitude. Mrs Pipesmoker - run over his pipe next time.....
21 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

29th June 2012, 17:44
Congratulations on completing the Race, old gal. Very well done and a good amount of money raised for a worthy cause.
22 of 28  -   Report This Post

dg_gremlin

29th June 2012, 20:23
Hi everyone,
I've not been on the forum for a long while now so some of you may not know me. I've been very busy with uni recently but its hols now so i might pop up more often.
This week's puzzle wasn't too bad. I had one quick burst to do 90% and then finished off the rest 10 mins later. I could do with a portable DVD player so i think i will actually send it in.
DG
23 of 28  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

1st July 2012, 13:21
Hi, Old Gal. Congratulations on finishing the run. Please don't put ideas into her ladyship's head. Me minus pipe is not a pretty sight. Not much going for me with it either, right enough.

Hope you are putting your feet up now.
Best wishes.

P
24 of 28  -   Report This Post

mr.light

4th July 2012, 05:07
Hello gang - sorry to be late on parade - to be honest, it's nice to be home. Have to say everybody seems a bit more upbeat over the last couple of weeks. Myself included. The missus has gone mad, and bought another 20 cream leg-bars. As if the welsumers, light sussex, red island rock 'n rollers wern't enough....? How can I check this new passion ?
Selling at the gate - 30bob for half doz.
Even so, can you believe, some toe-rag nicked £1.50 out of honesty box yesterday?
25 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th July 2012, 08:20
Hi Mr Light.
Shame on the little tea-leaf who had free eggs from you. Hope you are keeping well. Still drumming ? While you've been reading this, you'll probably return to the yard to find another lot of chickens ! J
26 of 28  -   Report This Post

magworth

4th July 2012, 12:02
Mr Light. What is a legbar ? Is it the same as a leghorn? M.
27 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th July 2012, 12:24
Hi Mags
There are some lovely pics in "Google images" of the cream legbar. I see it lays blue eggs! There are some of leghorn too which looks to be pure white. J
28 of 28  -   Report This Post