CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

22nd June 2012, 14:55
A good choice of name - same as my son.
21 of 32  -   Report This Post

molly

22nd June 2012, 15:03
Having breezed through for several weeks this one is really catching me out! Less than half done and it's Friday. I will not be defeated....
22 of 32  -   Report This Post

molly

22nd June 2012, 15:18
And then suddenly the light shone (not the sun, clearly) and I now only have 4 to do- hooray.
23 of 32  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

22nd June 2012, 16:06
Good Afternoon, All. Here we are much later than usual, thanks to Mrs P deciding to get rid of the BBC iPlayer from the computer. Not only did she get rid of that, but almost everything else as well.

Anyway, obedient husband that I am, I stuck said computer under my oxter and trotted off to the computer repair place. The lady there looked at me as if I had bought it from Noah's Arkboot sale. It is only about seven years old, which is young by me, but she said the technology it used had been left behind years ago. So now, poorer but wiser, here we stand. She being wiser, he being poorer to the extent of £540 for a rebuild with up to date stuff, which continues to be beyond my understanding.

Moan over. Crossword wasn't too bad this week.

Best wishes to all.

P
24 of 32  -   Report This Post

chris4food

22nd June 2012, 21:13
Hello again Everyone - and thanks, Pipesmoker, you made me laugh out loud, yet again. But oh dear, for that amount of money you could have bought a nice new laptop..... and then you can watch Iplayer, etc, and do the crossword in bed - Mrs P permitting!!
The comment about rising postage costs struck home, I keep telling myself I could have bought portable dvd player with what I've paid in postage over the years...
And, given the weather, everyone's entitled to be grumpy..... but come Sunday, I'll be rooting for England and hiding behind the door when it all gets too exciting.... anyone for tennis????
hope you all have a lovely [sunny] weekend
Chris [female]
25 of 32  -   Report This Post

butterfly

23rd June 2012, 16:52
Don't know why but had problems longing in today - Windows 7 again!!! Anyway found this weeks fairly easy especially 6A as my daughter works there. First time for a long while that I've been able to solve it all without help. Are they getting easier or am I getting brighter? Just got a good bargain too of 12 issues for £1. Will most probably find next weeks will be a stinker!
26 of 32  -   Report This Post

chris4food

23rd June 2012, 20:37
Hi butterfly - I think we're all getting brighter [unlike the weather!] or perhaps we're getting too used to the compiler - bet they change him/her soon, just to keep us on our mental toes...
re your 12 issues for £1 - where was that??? A very good bargain indeed..
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Chris
27 of 32  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

23rd June 2012, 21:39
chrisg - thank you so much, I am now saved, although I had felt much more the answer!
28 of 32  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th June 2012, 08:01
Good Luck to old gal who is taking part in the "Race for Life" today in Warwickhire.
Hope that it all goes well and maybe the rain still stay away.
Go girl !
J
29 of 32  -   Report This Post

chrise

24th June 2012, 15:21
I know that this thread is used more for chat than for answers (!), but I am baffled with 20ac:
Single sound keeps restless regent in country (10)
I have ?O???N???O
Nothing I've found makes sense, but I'm confident that the letters in are correct. Any suggestions?
30 of 32  -   Report This Post