CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

31st May 2012, 14:33
Deaf Shepherd indeed,lol.
Greedy Kite, i hope i didn't come across as a smart arsed pedant (actually, i think i did - sorry!).
All i can recall about Def Leppard is that their drummer has only got one arm (lost the other in a car crash) and they had a hit with 'Pour some sugar on me', not a favorite of mine.
31 of 42  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

31st May 2012, 18:14
Trevor: Hey! I'm the one on this forum that some people find a smart-arsed pedant, and I'd like to hold on to that title!
Seriously, though...if you want to know anything about D.L. (I don't particularly)just let us know & "we" will look it up -- but I'm no good at uploading whole texts: you see I'm really an ignorant old b*gg*r who strayed onto this forum about 18 months ago. Now all my secrets are out.
32 of 42  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st May 2012, 18:19
Hi greedykite and trevor
Are you skating around the several pedantic posts I've made (not that I regret them....!)
33 of 42  -   Report This Post

trevor

31st May 2012, 18:28
Greedy Kite,
i noticed that you amended my original 'smart arsed pedant' to 'smart-arsed pedant', way to go!

Q. Who led the pedants revolt of 1381?
A. Which Tyler.

groan
34 of 42  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st May 2012, 19:00
Yes....I think greedykite definitely wins the title.
35 of 42  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

31st May 2012, 19:37
Oh Christ, this is getting dangerous. Was thinking recently of giving up foolish pursuits like crossword puzzles & forums comPLETEly.
36 of 42  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

31st May 2012, 19:43
...but then I wouldn't learn expressions like "way to go".Had to look that one up in Ch. Honest.After selling my mother ('s) tongue all my life I 'm beginning to feel I now have to buy it back again.Is there a trick cyclist in the room? This g(u)ilt complex is getting unbearable here all alone in the wilderness of Gascony.
37 of 42  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st May 2012, 21:00
Hi greedykite
We had a holiday near Jegun (near Auch), once - do you know it?
38 of 42  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

31st May 2012, 21:20
Yes, indeed: the only place I know near here with a wine festival early in the year. So you know the tranquil hills of thre Gers?
Marvellous place to be, really.
39 of 42  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st May 2012, 21:51
Yes - lovely holiday. I'll have to look up the name of the tiny village we stayed in. I remember going to the quatorze celebration at Fleurance, buying Armagnac at Larresingle and drinking cider from pottery cups in Fources (can't do the grave accent).
40 of 42  -   Report This Post