CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

29th December 2011, 14:02
BTW mog and I have decided to leave the forum. We are going on holiday this weekend and now seems a good time and place to say goodbye.
11 of 27  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

29th December 2011, 14:05
Yoohoo! Just checked in- it's 9am here. Is everyone off in the Cyclades or something?
12 of 27  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

29th December 2011, 14:15
I wish they were...I think they're all in the supermarket, which I have just abandoned.
J
13 of 27  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

29th December 2011, 14:19
Oh well, liked the bear clue. It's a wonderfully rich word. There's a revival hymn (American, I think) called Gladly the Cross I'd Bear, and children naturally thought it was about a cross-eyed bear named Gladly. Someone even started making stuffed ones.
14 of 27  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

29th December 2011, 14:55
In case you have your laptop on the beach at Mykonos...
Head inspector goes to the can- a place to chill out? (5)
15 of 27  -   Report This Post

chrisg

29th December 2011, 15:00
I G loo - igloo
But I think this clue chain has closed until next week
16 of 27  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

29th December 2011, 15:02
Yes, I believe you're right. You Brits are such hedonists, spending your holidays basking in the sun no doubt. Very sunny over here right now, but freeeeeezing.
17 of 27  -   Report This Post

wendy

29th December 2011, 15:29
RAMBLER,

What on earth's got up your nose?

I'd love to have been around to appreciate your clue but sadly my 6yr old grandson would not have felt the same way - he wanted to play Monopoly, beat myself and his Popa at Whist and generally revel in the fact that he had a captive audience while his Mum's at work.

I'm sorry we've so obviously annoyed you by not being around to take part in CLUECHAIN and equally sorry that you and Mog the Miserable have decided to leave the Forum.

I nevertheless hope you have an excellent holiday and wish you a happy and healthy 2012.

Kind regards

Wendy

18 of 27  -   Report This Post

captain hook

29th December 2011, 15:32
... and that goes for me too.

Where are Trevor and Matron ???

Have they got a chit? No excuses if they haven't.
19 of 27  -   Report This Post

phillip

29th December 2011, 15:56
rambler's off to the beach at Mykonos, eh. I suppose he knows that there are two main beaches, "paradise" and "super paradise". choose wisely rambler one of them is,how shall I put it, mainly for gentlemen who are good with colours, paddle on the other side of the stream, bat for the other side.
20 of 27  -   Report This Post