CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

25th August 2026, 14:24
A most unusual crossword - I won't say why for fear of spoiling.
I've looked and looked at this clue, and still think it must be wrong:
White to point out film genre (5,4)

One left: Raise acid compound from cathedral (5)
?I?C?
Any hints?
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

will37

25th August 2026, 15:04
Winch without ester
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

malone

25th August 2026, 15:16
Good hint!
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th August 2026, 15:16
Thanks will
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th August 2026, 16:41
It's a long time since anyone has posted, so I'll bump this up. Surely the clue I quoted should be red rather than white? (The surface doesn't make sense either way.)
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

malone

26th August 2026, 16:56
I don't drink wine (ever) and know very little about it so I had to 'research'. The red version is definitely far more common, widely -known etc... but the white version isn't unknown and some English vineyards produce them I don't think either colour is 100% accurate when used to indicate the answer, so something else would have been better. The clue's not up to much anyway!
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

jono

26th August 2026, 16:56
It seems odd, Chris, though it’s a main ingredient in Champagne, so perhaps there’s some validity in white. As you say the surface makes little sense either way.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th August 2026, 16:59
Thanks both. I think it's specifically "Blanc de noir" champagne, which I don't think is the commonest, though.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 36