CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

smellyharry

15th August 2026, 17:40
Got it now. Thought it would be more disguised than that. Also meh from me.
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

gitto

16th August 2026, 09:32
Jack @9, thanks - I never thought of looking at the title of the puzzle!! Silly Billy me. I'm now 100% confident that I have highlighted what is required, but as a previous post states "left behind" leaves a lot to be desired.
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

grunos

16th August 2026, 12:47
I thought it was an enjoyable puzzle. On the easier end of the spectrum but no complaints from me aside from a minor niggle about an apparent non-word being left at 29dn
13 of 22  -   Report This Post

grunos

16th August 2026, 12:56
I take it back. Googling the 29dn remainder reveals it to be a real word, name or phrase as promised
14 of 22  -   Report This Post

williamseal

17th August 2026, 13:13
Am still struggling with the companion story. Do I take a letter from each of the clues which have been adjusted or is just one of the clues in the column? I have looked at the title but now seen the connection so far. Slow as ever! Any hint welcome. Thanks
15 of 22  -   Report This Post

raggedy

17th August 2026, 15:35
Very difficult puzzle to construct I imagine - full marks eXternal.

I can't parse the last letter of 18ac, the "care" or "care for" bit.
Also parsing of 6dn, what's cheese got to do with it?
16 of 22  -   Report This Post

rhsl

17th August 2026, 15:43
raggedy,

18a is 1 + 4 + 4, with straightforward meanings

6dn is what you get when you do the substitution, having started with a cheese, whose name is better known with a different meaning
17 of 22  -   Report This Post

raggedy

17th August 2026, 16:14
Thanks rhsl,
I had lier at the end of 18ac - correcting that also corrected last letter of 6dn.
cheers
18 of 22  -   Report This Post

numbskull

17th August 2026, 18:04
William, the letters come only from the adjusted entries, I didn't find the title very helpful in identifying the second work but it's one of the better known ones
19 of 22  -   Report This Post

darla

17th August 2026, 18:37
The Wikipedia page for the first title shows that it and the second title were published together.
20 of 22  -   Report This Post