CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

strangelybrown

9th August 2026, 17:57
24a Young pigeon quietly enters pillar (5)
??p??
First letter might be 'p'.

25d Dropping announcement, radar on a destroyer raised unusual thing (4,4)
??r? A?I?
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

geeker

9th August 2026, 18:00
25d RARA AVIS seems right but I don't yet see parsing.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

geeker

9th August 2026, 18:02
Oh...Siva (or Shiva) is "the destroyer". Nice one!
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

jono

9th August 2026, 18:09
A young pigeon is called a piper. P in pier.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

strangelybrown

9th August 2026, 18:56
Thank you, never heard of rara avis. I did Google (always annoying to have to do that) words for a young pigeon but did not see piper.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

bobdown

11th August 2026, 20:47
15a. Ranks quality soldiers in places to go? (3,10)

Air Commodores. But I'm lost on the parsing.

Thought this was an absolute stinker!
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

jono

11th August 2026, 21:02
Quality AIR, soldiers OR, inside places to go COMMODES
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

bobdown

11th August 2026, 21:14
Many thanks Jono. Like I said, stinker ...
8 of 8  -   Report This Post