CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

swarbrules

9th August 2026, 21:21
Well done SS and thanks geting.

Thanks for the various votes.
61 of 66  -   Report This Post

pouletroyale

9th August 2026, 22:34
Thanks for hosting @geting and well done @ssimon a clever construction.
Loved the story of the drawings
In the prizes
62 of 66  -   Report This Post

rafflesthegt

10th August 2026, 00:56
Feck it! I went out early to celebrate my second win of the week only to come home and see I’ve been beaten by the narrowest of margins — I was sure it was going to be a tie and that Geeker's Gold Rush was gonna put me over the line! Anyway:

Very well done SS - great clue. Thanks Geting for hosting and the (consolation) prize [not my cuppa, but thanks anyway]

Thanks to everyone for the votes, everyone bar Paul and Jan - it’s quicker this way 😜
63 of 66  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

10th August 2026, 01:06
Nice, ss. Thanks for hosting, geting, and for the vote, amej.
64 of 66  -   Report This Post

geeker

10th August 2026, 02:50
Well done, ss!
Thanks to geting for hosting.

Sorry, raffles. Having a weakness for musical (or schoolboy smut) clues, I had to go with Neil. Almost gave it 2 votes but there were so many good clues I spread the votes around.

Grateful to amej, ss and janvan for votes.

Jono, thanks for the capitalisation link. I've always lumped that issue in with the Harpers preamble "As always, repunctuation of a clue is the key to its solution", so thought it fair game. But I just realized capitalisation isn't punctuation. :-)
65 of 66  -   Report This Post

rafflesthegt

10th August 2026, 10:21
Cheers Geeker, I was only having the crack last night (I don’t like ‘craic’, in an English language context).
66 of 66  -   Report This Post