CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

yevrah

26th May 2024, 08:25
I appear to be first to post today. Must be the bright morning waking me up.

As in some recent weeks, I've completed the puzzle but I'm not sure about all the parsing

COD for me is 4d, I liked 15d as well. We have a rhyming pair, possibly two, hiddens, long anagrams, no overall theme that I could see.

Enjoyable, struggled with NW corner for no obvious reason.

Thanks Everyman.
1 of 30  -   Report This Post

neville17

26th May 2024, 08:50
I thought it was quite difficult, yevrah. A lot of my parsing was done in retrospect! Happy Sunday all.
2 of 30  -   Report This Post

yevrah

26th May 2024, 09:45
Neville, I agree, I did not find it easy, had to use a few tools to help.
3 of 30  -   Report This Post

jono

26th May 2024, 09:55
I note that Chambers gives 8d as two words. Collins supports Everyman’s view that it is one.
4 of 30  -   Report This Post

sealionsteve

26th May 2024, 10:27
I must say I prefer the slightly harder Everyman puzzles we have been given of late. I am puzled by 24 - Husband wearing band, constant love token, beginning to sigh soft sounds (11). I can think of two possible answers but can't fully parse either of them - could I have a hint for "band", please? I am assuming that it's "love token" which provides letters 7-10, although possibly "band" could do that instead!
5 of 30  -   Report This Post

justsolve

26th May 2024, 10:32
Sealionsteve try googling the 4 letters that surround the "husband" along with the word "band."....
6 of 30  -   Report This Post

coffindodger

26th May 2024, 12:18
What is the relevance of the sandwich in the 6d clue?
Any hints please?
7 of 30  -   Report This Post

phil10000

26th May 2024, 13:05
CD - the 2nd 4-letter word in the answer of 6D is an Americanism for a bread roll. Not exactly common over here, as far as I'm aware.
Steve - re 24A, according to Chambers, the 4 letters around 'husband' are indeed a (tertiary) definition of band. Although I've never seen it used in that way in my life!
8 of 30  -   Report This Post

coffindodger

26th May 2024, 13:23
Thanks Phill,
That's a completely new use of that word to me; we live and learn!
9 of 30  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

26th May 2024, 14:00
Duplicate thread by Percybass

Ah well, after a few enjoyable years methinks my Everyman days are over. The new ‘format’ is clearly beyond my ken. Managed just ten clues today before frustratingly reaching out to the forums and googling solutions. Even then the parsing is unclear for some. For example - what on earth do the clue and solution to 11D have to do with each other? Harrumph harrumph!!
Happy bank holiday y’all.

Reply by Krauton

pick up = turn the corner
convert= turn
this particular=the
setpiece= corner (as in football)

is my guess.
10 of 30  -   Report This Post