CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

simplesimon

14th January 2024, 21:15

Congratulations Chrise - got a vote from us
Thanks PaulH.
61 of 73  -   Report This Post

spikepunk

14th January 2024, 21:20
Well done, Chrise.

Thanks, Paulh.

Thanks to Paul and Chrise for the votes, much appreciated!
62 of 73  -   Report This Post

jono

14th January 2024, 21:22
Congrats Chris, you got my vote. Thanks Paul, I don’t envy you having to tot up the scores like that and was interested to learn of your Countdown appearance.
Cheers all
63 of 73  -   Report This Post

tyke51

14th January 2024, 21:23
Richly deserved win Chrise - well done! Very pleased with a bronze, appreciate the votes - thanks PaulH - enjoyed the clip!
64 of 73  -   Report This Post

jono

14th January 2024, 21:25
Btw, has anyone reported the numbering confusion to Norah? She is on holiday, but I’m sure Ash and team could look into it tomorrow.
65 of 73  -   Report This Post

mattrom

14th January 2024, 21:28
Congratulations, Chrise, and thanks to those who voted for my clues. Thanks also to Paulh for persevering - and apologies for putting #16 when I meant #26 🙄
I notice that when the post numbering is haywire, that the first post on a new page is not viewable until another post is added, though it shows in 'Latest Posts'.
66 of 73  -   Report This Post

geting

14th January 2024, 21:31
Congratulations very much Chrise.
Thanks to all who cast a vote for me, to Paul the host, and thanks particularly to Tyke for being gracious
67 of 73  -   Report This Post

paul

14th January 2024, 23:04
Well done Chris - well overdue win! Persisitence pays...
THabks for setting Paul and for the marathon matching. Thanks also to Tyke and SS for the much-appreciated votes.
68 of 73  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

14th January 2024, 23:08
Congratulations, chrise! Thanks for hosting, paulh, and for the votes, dorrien and mattrom.
69 of 73  -   Report This Post

paulhabershon

15th January 2024, 08:27
paul @44

Fairly sure there is no link or available archive of past Countdown programmes, though I think you can find an archive of stats.

I have a VHS tape but now no machine to watch it on. I was also on the live ITV (or maybe Channel 5) lunchtime show Brainteaser. I missed a simple chance to win £3000. Having beaten the other three contestants I then go for the 'pyramid' where you have 45 seconds to reach an 8-letter word, starting with a given 3-letter word for which you are given a fourth letter in the correct position:
ODE
??V? DOVE (43 seconds left) you can stop at any time and take the money earned so far, probably about £300 at this stage.
?I??? VIDEO (41 seconds left)
???C?? VOICED (39 seconds left) I could now walk away with something like £1000, but I had loads of time.
????R??
Could I see this 7-letter word? No I ****** couldn't. My time ran out and I got a consolation £100.
How long did it take you?

Soon afterwards this show and some others were axed because they were allowing viewers to answer ad break competitions with costly phone calls when the winner had already been chosen.
70 of 73  -   Report This Post