CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

will37

14th December 2023, 23:30
I always look forward to this biggy and feel a bit let down that Fieldfare has returned to some of the territory covered by Pabulum in 2021. Still, I suppose only four of the unclueds are common to both puzzles.

One thing I find more taxing year in year is to make a fair copy for submission which is both legible and accurate in these fiddly little cells with my ever-worsening writing. I've only needed to use Tipp-Ex in 3 of the 441 cells. I hope they can decipher it if I'm lucky enough that they read it.
1 of 37  -   Report This Post

will37

15th December 2023, 00:17
or even "year on year" ...
2 of 37  -   Report This Post

gawdelpus

15th December 2023, 14:16
I’ve noticed in the last couple of months that the grid now “prints small”, even the regular weekly grid, resulting in painstakingly precise writing being necessary when preparing my entry copy. I’ve tried fiddling with settings but nothing works.
3 of 37  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

15th December 2023, 16:37
As has already been said the theme was a repeat but I didn't mind that. As far as size is concerned I always use Adobe reader and increase the size to about 110%.
4 of 37  -   Report This Post

jono

15th December 2023, 17:09
I did the same as alwayspuzzled and it’s a workable size when printed.

If you wanted to create an even bigger grid, you could always copy the grid image from the webpage into Word and then scale it up (using the little square icon in the corner of the image) so that the grid is full width on A4.
I’d suggest also reducing the size of the left and right margins on the Word page beforehand.
5 of 37  -   Report This Post

gawdelpus

15th December 2023, 17:42
Good tips, thanks! I’ll try them next them.
6 of 37  -   Report This Post

gawdelpus

15th December 2023, 17:53
*time.

If I survive the Christmas puzzle ;)
7 of 37  -   Report This Post

gawdelpus

15th December 2023, 18:55
I’ve just cracked the theme, so that’s a big help. Another one of those “well I never knew that!” moments :)
8 of 37  -   Report This Post

gabrielc

16th December 2023, 15:40
Maybe my count is completely off but i have what appears to be one unsolved pair, eight two-words, 5 pairs and a singleton. So... have I misunderstood the preamble?
9 of 37  -   Report This Post

buddy

16th December 2023, 15:52
Not sure what you mean by "one unsolved pair". I have 9 that are "two words", with of them really being a name followed by a number.
10 of 37  -   Report This Post