CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

10th December 2023, 18:54
Thanks to all who entered this weekend’s challenge. Some excellent entries and all participants received votes.

In third place with 5 votes is Tyke@7…

Puck's end sounding fanciful (9)

Second place with 6 votes is Geting@3…

YouTube plugs pale lager? It's a myth (9)

However, just nudging ahead with 7 votes, first place goes to Paul@10 with…

Agitated? Try a life - a fantasy life (9)

Congratulations Paul, for your prize, some faerie folklore…

https://youtu.be/Ui92NN9cD4g

Cheers all!
Ttfn
31 of 42  -   Report This Post

dorrien

10th December 2023, 19:15
Well done Paul
Thanks Jono
32 of 42  -   Report This Post

tyke51

10th December 2023, 19:20
Good one Paul - well done! Thanks for the votes - hope you`re managing to keep cool Mattrom ! Cheers Jono - hope you find time to set a Festive Fun Puzzle over the holiday period - in case we get fed up of watching the Sound of Music and Indiana Jones!
33 of 42  -   Report This Post

geting

10th December 2023, 19:22
Congratulations to Paul
Thanks to Jono for organising and to all who cast a vote for me too. It was fun to see my name in lights, as it were
34 of 42  -   Report This Post

chrise

10th December 2023, 19:26
congrats paul and thanks jono.
thanks for the various votes.
35 of 42  -   Report This Post

paulhabershon

10th December 2023, 20:21
Well done, paul, and thanks, jono. I appreciated the votes from mattrom and tyke. Tyke, I gave you two votes because I like 'fairytale' as an adjective, though there are sources giving it as a noun.
36 of 42  -   Report This Post

jono

10th December 2023, 20:28
I meant to mention, that I really liked the observation, from both Geting and Paul I think, that the last 7 letters are an anagram of REALITY!
37 of 42  -   Report This Post

paul

11th December 2023, 00:49
A magical surprise. Indeed Jon -I thought Geting would win this one with "distorted reality" so i'm doubly grateful for all of your votes. Thanks Jon for setting and the prize. Makes you think - the narrator has convinced me to invest in some primroses....
38 of 42  -   Report This Post

mattrom

11th December 2023, 01:01
Congrats, Paul! Appreciated the votes from yourself, Geting and Dorrien. Thanks for the challenge and the clip, Jono.
Tyke, I've opted for ceiling fans for cooling, rather than A/C. I'm not sure that my one-woman effort is going to save the planet, though. 🌏
39 of 42  -   Report This Post

jono

11th December 2023, 08:06
I found a rather good &Lit clue from The Times in 2005…

Primarily fiction - but with a strange reality? (9)
40 of 42  -   Report This Post